Warpaint's Artwork

WhiskeyBeard

Hey folks,

Here is a rough shaman/witchdoctor concept for my suit:
and yes, the hands are ridiculously tiny.

Predatorconcept.jpg

I haven't drawn recently as much as I used to, which was everyday and all night. I need to get back in the saddle so to speak. I hope you dig.

Mike

I've done that too...went for a few years without drawing. I don't know if it was burnout or just lack of interest.

Good to see your work and that you'll be posting more. Always good to see other work :(

Hey Folks,

Here are a few Bio concepts I have been working on. They are still pretty rough; need to refine and polish.

5556-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

5556-1-1-1-1.jpg

5556-1-1-1.jpg

5556-1-1.jpg

5556-1.jpg

(This is the Shaman idea that I am working on for my own suit. Horns, feathers, primal finish.)

I hope you guys dig, crits and advice welcome. Thanks.

Mike

No way! I have drawn one that looks almost exactly as your first bio! ;) Haha!
Nice update, the bios look great. :)
Is it horns sticking out of the Shaman bio?

Thanks guys,

@ Nicole:
Yeah those are four horns sticking out, with feathers behind them. The feathers are grouped like a fan that follows the angle of the top of the Bio. Its a bit messy at this point so I need to clean them all up. The side horns come out just behind the visor and go out and up, and the others on the top of the bio do the same, but point towards the back. I'm still planning on sculpting the final design for my suit, it is going to need certain dimensions so I can accomodate a few special things under the dome and snout.

I need to get back to these; I have actually been busy with some cool commission work. My client wants some illustration for his next album's liner art. He wanted Jimi Hendrix hanging out with the Predator drinking and such. I told him no prob. :D I'll post the finished piece once its done, hopefully in the next few days.

Glad you dig.

Hey Folks,

I just wanted to share what I am currently working on. My old friend, Experience Ebert commissioned me for some album art for his next release this fall. He said he wanted Jimi Hendrix hanging out with the Predator drinkin' and smokin" in a spacey place. I said NO problem.

This is still a rough WIP, but I am going to clean it up, add the details, and lay down inks this weekend. Hopefully I can show the finished product next week. Enjoy.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjAtMjAxMDA5MDktMTgyOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjEtMjAxMDA5MDktMTgzMC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjItMjAxMDA5MDktMTgzMC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjMtMjAxMDA5MDktMTgzMC5qcGc.jpg

Mike

dood seriously you artwork is SICK! i would love to work with you in the future dor some possible t-shirt designs and things like that for my band!

Thanks for all the kind words, guys.
I am working on few color variations this week for the commission, hopefully I can get some posted by this weekend.

* I forgot to post these two:

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjUtMjAxMTAxMjUtMTkwNC5qcGc-2.jpg

-just a simple Predhead

utf-8BSU1HMDA1MDAtMjAxMTAxMjYtMTk0NS5qcGc.jpg

-quick ink + color rough for concept design

i like the native american feel you have on this..

i've been asking for years who is going to build a native american hunter??...

Thanks man,

Native American hunter was actually my first idea from the beginning. It has evolved a bit from there with the medicine man-ish theme. I'm definitley going to have a necklace made of eyeballs. There will be teeth and claws. There will be feathers. There will be many beads. There will be blood. I drink creativity's milkshake.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back