WARNING: Do not buy from this seller on EBAY

the spartan

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-Man-Cu...800eee9&pid=100033&rk=7&rkt=8&sd=272468597739

His name is Vernon Hassel from San Antonio, TX. A year ago I commissioned him, via EBAY/PAYPAL, to make me a set of Ironman Armor. His turnaround time was 2 months...Months and months passed and excuse after excuse - no armor. PAYPALS protection lapsed (because of my trust for this person (who told me it was in progress and not to report him) and suggested I report him to the Internet Crime Complaint Center. I also reported him to my state's and his - Attorney General. The seller has offered my a full refund - but that is now an excuse after excuse of why I haven't received it yet. I have EVERYTHING well documented and, as of today, no refund - no armor. Just be warned in dealing with this guy.

900 bucks for a fully finished/tailored fiberglass suit? That should have been your warning right there. Two months for completion, your second warning. (unless this is his full time job and has no other orders) I'm not trying to be a jerk, I really hope this gets resolved. I just think its REALLY important for people to be able to recognize what is realistic.As they say, If it is too good to be true, it is.

that is terrible! I'm a professional artist and I make my living off of my work and to hear this kind of thing kills me! I hope you can get this resolved!

;)
I did

- - - Updated - - -

I asked for a foam $575.00...

- - - Updated - - -

thanks....so far, he said he got/getting a job and will have the money soon.
I'm not holding my breath.

I put misplaced trust in this person, as with every response to my question regarding timeframe, progress, delivery etc...was "I'm working on it" "having family issues - - will get back to working on it" etc... I have never been ripped off by an online purchase - especially in the cosplay community.

So, this guy is a member on here and he asked me to take down this post because "it will hurt his reputation and business". Sorry Vernon - it stays up until I get my refund. I will make sure NO ONE WILL ORDER ANYTHING FROM YOU!

Also it appears he has other SCAMS in the works:
https://www.gofundme.com/2tfsfy9w

DO NOT Take This Down! out his user name and that way we also know not to deal with this person....

If you use the last name from the eBay posting, and the first name from the go fund me account, there's a member here by that name. But he has zero posts and hasn't been on line since he joined in 2013.

13227149_1324768057552415_7085625429829255694_n.jpg

oh.... this guy?

:thumbsdown

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back