Warner Chappell Music IP and Fan Use.

The people that compose LFL are LFL. The company doesn't have to release an official statement.

The views or opinions expressed by an individual do not necessarily represent the company that said person works for.

But my questions still stands, can I get any quotes? I have been unable to find any.

The views or opinions expressed by an individual do not necessarily represent the company that said person works for.

But my questions still stands, can I get any quotes? I have been unable to find any.
You haven't looked at Rian's social media? Andi Gutierrez? All the man baby quotes?

You missed all those? Your willful ignorance is pretty impressive.

The organization I work for has made it clear that we can be punished for what we say and how we conduct ourselves outside of work, and to the media. I can be reprimanded as a representative of my organization. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of that... especially in larger companies.

Subway finds out they have a spokesman diddling kids... they completely rebrand. Can someone else explain to these guys how it works when you are a face of a large company? I'm losing the patience and I don't want to get banned.

Last edited:
Perhaps that's not the relationship these individuals have with LFL/Disney, due to whatever arrangement exists between them. You and I are employees, and may be bound and subject to certain stipulations that they aren't.

Can somebody explain something to me? I saw back on the previous page people claiming that Warner Chappell has the right to take down SW music, but I wasn't under any impression that Warner Brothers had ANYTHING to do with Star Wars period. My understanding is that the license and its music was owned by LFL and distributed by 20th Century Fox, which are both now owned by Disney. So, I would imagine that Disney and LFL should be the only ones with any real right to claim copyright infringement.

What did they (Disney/Lucasfilm) say to fans to got everyone upset? Everyone I question, either can't answer me, or start saying "so and so said this, and so and so said that". As I understand it, it was people who worked at Lucasfilm, but what they said was from their own private social media accounts. But I still can never find any quotes.

Don't really want to go into it on this thread, but I believe it was the Rian Johnson stuff and how he didn't handle fan reactions to his movie well.

On topic, Yes, there was a boycott of ep. 9 being planned, and it was front page of reddit. I think that definitely had an impact on how this was handled. Needless to say, I am very happy, and like halliwax I have a superior opinion of Lucasfilm than previously.

CT1138 if you watch the videos linked to the earlier pages of this thread Star Wars Theory talks about the link between Warner/ Chappell and Lucasfilm, just to give you some context.

The strained relationship between the fans and those employed at Lucasfilm has been discussed, debated, argued and eviscerated to death. Do we really need to have another thread devolve into a shouting match over it again Joek3rr? There have been multiple threads with the same arguments being posted over and over again with no end in sight and the two sides will never meet. You just have to accept it. The Last Jedi thread is (thankfully) dead. Do we really need to resurrect that whole debacle again? Let it go man. I say that with no malice. I say it out of exhaustion. I get that you love the ST. Some of us hate it. You will not change our minds, no matter how much you try to convince us otherwise. Just let it go.

I think it would be best to just stick to the topic at hand with regards to this specific suit and what it means/ could mean for the release of Episode 9 and how they handle fan relations in the future. I surmise that at least for the time being this is a step in the right direction for Lucasfilm, and you gotta give credit where credit is due. The details notwithstanding the fans spoke up and Disney/ Lucasfilm listened. It doesn't correct all wrongs and their motivations are still unknown to us, but perhaps they will take us seriously. It's just a shame that it's gotten to this point to get the message across to them.

CT1138 if you watch the videos linked to the earlier pages of this thread Star Wars Theory talks about the link between Warner/ Chappell and Lucasfilm, just to give you some context.

The strained relationship between the fans and those employed at Lucasfilm has been discussed, debated, argued and eviscerated to death. Do we really need to have another thread devolve into a shouting match over it again Joek3rr? There have been multiple threads with the same arguments being posted over and over again with no end in sight and the two sides will never meet. You just have to accept it. The Last Jedi thread is (thankfully) dead. Do we really need to resurrect that whole debacle again? Let it go man. I say that with no malice. I say it out of exhaustion. I get that you love the ST. Some of us hate it. You will not change our minds, no matter how much you try to convince us otherwise. Just let it go.

I think it would be best to just stick to the topic at hand with regards to this specific suit and what it means/ could mean for the release of Episode 9 and how they handle fan relations in the future. I surmise that at least for the time being this is a step in the right direction for Lucasfilm, and you gotta give credit where credit is due. The details notwithstanding the fans spoke up and Disney/ Lucasfilm listened. It doesn't correct all wrongs and their motivations are still unknown to us, but perhaps they will take us seriously. It's just a shame that it's gotten to this point to get the message across to them.

I was just curious. I can't remember seeing what was actually said. It's hard to formulate an opinion when you have half the story.

If I may share a little story.

I was in the cesspool of the YouTube comments. Having a friendly argument with some guy. Part way through he thanks me for being very civil, and not being rude. Then he mentions that he was talking some Lucasfilm employee, and he says that they were extremely rude to him. So I thank him, and tell him that I strive to always keep my argument civil. So we continue back and forth for probably 3 or 4 comments each. Then it happend, suddenly he was cussing, calling me names, being very rude. It was like I was talking to a different person altogether.

So I couldn't help but wonder if he had done this very same thing to the Lucasfilm employee? Had he lured this person in with a civil discussion, then bit their head off? Then when they replied in like fashion, he was all "look how rude they were to a fan!"

Can somebody explain something to me? I saw back on the previous page people claiming that Warner Chappell has the right to take down SW music, but I wasn't under any impression that Warner Brothers had ANYTHING to do with Star Wars period. My understanding is that the license and its music was owned by LFL and distributed by 20th Century Fox, which are both now owned by Disney. So, I would imagine that Disney and LFL should be the only ones with any real right to claim copyright infringement.

Warner has the distribution rights to the SW music. If they belive someone is infringing on it, they have the right to take action (I;m not condoning their action).

Warner Chappell has the distribution rights for Disney music, which of course now includes Star Wars.

I think the rights go back to when Star Wars was at 20th Century Fox.

According to that blog/article/thing ..................Warner/Chappell own the rights and royalties to the music given they took 20th Century Fox’s catalogue in the 80s (including Star Wars). Disney is only mentioned in the YouTube claim because they have a deal with EMI to use the music, and EMI regularly pay royalities to Warner/Chappell to use that music. It’s Disney’s exclusive usage, but Warner Chappell’s right and only their ability to make the claim.

So I haven’t read the whole situation, but from what I gather, The IP owner decided to crack down on someone and because they did, people are going to boycott the next film?

If you get butt hurt by the Property owner scolding you for playing in this hobby, you probably shouldn’t be in it. Most here are violating the IP laws by producing and selling their products, so don’t cry foul when you find you are in crosshairs.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back