Warhammer: Age of Sigmar, Stormcast Eternal

I am slowly starting a project to make a Stormcast Eternal from the new Age of Sigmar from Games Workshop.

It's basically the new Warhammer Fantasy Battles edition where the old world has ended and chaos won.
There is some of controversy about the rules and the miniatures on how they look like 40k space marines. Some people really hate it. Some like it.
My initial project was to start figuring out a space marine, but I'd rather do something with the fantasy battles. I did also consider the new warcraft movie armour but have now decided on this.

Age-of-Sigmar-Alt.png
image from http://www.beastsofwar.com/age-of-sigmar/warhammer-world-age-sigmar-liberator-statue/

Current status: Gathering information, project planning, digital asset creation.

If anyone else is also doing one then please share a linkshare your info here :)
Im going to look at pileruds space marine stuff for build inspration.

Plan is pepakura foam or fibreglass helmet (starting there)
Foam shield
Foam, wood and industrial filler for the hammer with purple leather on the handle.
Then the chestplates in foam
Shoulderpads in foam
Absplate in foam
Belt and "skirt" in leather
Sword in foam, wood and purple leather handle.
And then the rest in foam.

Everything is going to be scaled to fit me.

This is another projects among my other ones. But this one I thought I would share as I build it.
Any file I create I will share here.
Planning on spending some time on it. I'll make a timetable plan soon.

Cheers for looking :)

Cheers guys.

stormcastwip-01.jpg

Yay, finally I have something to show.
So the plan is to work some more on this,. and then make it with pepakura and fibreglass. Then wrap it in worbla, sprayfiller and sanding,. then try to paint it to look like metal. Ideas are changing all the time.

I also did some foam test and paint tests with the Retribution Armour paint from Games Workshop
The orange is a test for The Martian spacesuit that I am also trying to build.

paints.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back