Warhammer 40K Space Marine (FINISHED, page 4)

Thank you!

I decided to build a bionic eye for when I'm not wearing my helmet. This is not based on any actual designs I just sit down with some foam and started scratch building. All in all it took me about 5 hours from start to finish, I could have made it a little better but I'm in a super rush.

The whole piece is attached to a hair clip (I don't know the actual name but it wraps around your head to keep long hair back). The clip is pretty snug so once I put it on it doesn't really move.

Then I just have a single red led for the glow, ripped the internals out of some cheap lightsaber toy I found at a dollar store.

I am impressed by your build. How is the latex paint holding up? any peeling? Can you use your hands at all in the gloves?

OMG! That is awesome for something you just threw together! It certainly doesn't look like that! Excellent work!

- - - Updated - - -

so what's next? :)

I am impressed by your build. How is the latex paint holding up? any peeling? Can you use your hands at all in the gloves?

Thanks! The latex paint is pretty solid, no cracks when it flexes, no peeling. And no, I have no control of my hands.

OMG! That is awesome for something you just threw together! It certainly doesn't look like that! Excellent work!

- - - Updated - - -

so what's next? :)

Thanks!

My next addition will be a plasma pistol for the left hand. I would like to do a power axe or sword but my fake hands won't hold that much weight.

Here are pics from a photo shoot I did over the weekend at the convention I went to. I'm really happy with how they turned out. Gotta work on some action poses, though I am limited in what I can do in that giant suit.

The other guy is a friend of mine that threw together an Inquisitor at the last minute. Don't think I'm a short space marine, my friend is 6'6". I need shorter people to stand with.

Working on some upgrades for the Space Marine. I'm building a plasma pistol to go in my other hand.

For the glowing coil part, I took some thick glue sticks and wrapped them around a 2 inch piece of pipe, made a silicone mold of that, then cast it with clear resin with a bit of transparent blue tint added in. For the lights, I bought a set of string lights online and just coiled them up inside the blue piece. I'm still working on the dead spots in the lighting. The second pic is with the lights off.

I'm also in the process of making an iron halo to go on the top of my backpack.

Oh man! I used to play 40K when I was a teenager and this is bringing back so many memories. Your build is absolutely beautiful! Really inspiring stuff.

That is one fine looking space marine suit. Holy cow, the scale is beastly. Great job.

My weekend project was making a pvc mannequin for my space marine, very simple.
This was the first time I was able to see the suit from the outside and was awed by the size. The pic is of me in front of the suit to show the size difference.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back