Warhammer 40k Chainsword Prop

Steamtech

Being a huge fan of Warhammer 40k for over 20 years now, I have a very soft spot in my heart for anything from the Warhammer universe. When I saw the chainsword prop THQ was giving away as prizes to promote their game Space Marine I fell in love but knew I'd never win one (You had to pre-order the game from specific retailers to be entered in a drawing for a chance to win, and I got mine somewhere else).

So I decided to make my own! :D

It's based on the design of the prize version they were giving away but with my own touch.

The blade is pink foam sheathed in styrene and then fiber glass. All the details over the fiber glass were done in styrene with some resin bits. The teeth are all resin casts. The handle was built from styrene, bass wood and mdf, then molded and cast around a PVC pipe which forms the grip and runs about 2" into the blade for strength and stability.

Painted with an airbrush and by hand using acrylics and varnished heavily. It's 37" long and weighs about 4lbs. The inscription on the side reads "Imperator Dentes Ruminant Omnes" which translates to The Emperor's Teeth Chew All

I hope you like it!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back