Warehouse 13 - Now THAT'S how you open a season! (possible spoilers)

TheDoctor

Sr Member
I'm going to try and not spoil anything.

THANK YOU to the writers of Warehouse 13 for keeping it real! They know where the roots of the show are and they (apparently) know what the fans want (and don't want).

Personally speaking, there have been many disappointing season openers this summer (Futurama, Torchwood, and, to an extent, Burn Notice hasn't been up to par), and I thought Warehouse 13 was going to disappoint - there were just SO MANY things that could have gone wrong.

1) Introducing a new character - it's always a delicate balance to introduce a new characters, especially if it's replacing a character people liked. They did it with class rather smartly.

2) Handling the old character - So a character left, how do you handle it? Their solution couldn't have been better (or more entertaining).

3) How do you set up the season - Torchwood gave it away so long ago, then spent so long in the episode talking about it, it made it painful to sit and listen to. While W13's solution may have been a bit predictable, the way it was handled was entertaining so I didn't really mind (even though I saw it coming) - plus there's obviously more to the mystery.

4) What about the current characters - You can cast aside your old characters and every W13 character (including Leena) had a nice role to play in the opener. Obviously certain characters were focused on, but all the characters got to play a part.

5) Keeping in touch with the past - There were a lot of great references to past episodes - especially Season 1. I loved how they borrowed elements from the first season to bring the new guy on board.

I could go on forever, but I've probably bored anyone who looked at this already. In the end, I would have to say the Warehouse 13 season 3 premiere was the high-point of the summer and scores an A+ in my book. I couldn't have asked for a better season opener.

Eh, i dont know how i really felt about this one. Its like they tried fitting everything into one episode. What was the point of her leaving last season to have her come right back in the next episode, felt like a cheap-out cliffhanger. And now youre left with the new guy, whos already getting annoying every time he tells someone they're lying.

Most end of season cliffhangers are cheapy things anyhow. I'm sure there are exceptions but the vast majority have nothing to do with anything except to leave you with an unfinished feeling so you come back next year.

I'll give you the 'packed in' feeling with putting too much in one episode - though I thought it still turned out rather well (better than Torchwood's not having enough in one episode).

As for Myka's coming back right away, I was pretty happy. I was hoping they weren't going to drag it out. To me it didn't feel cheap at all - it felt like they knew what the audience wanted and gave it to us. I would expect we haven't seen the end of Myka's self-doubt (and may turn out to be an issue in the future).

The "you're lying" guy I thought was pretty well paced. They may have overdone it a tad, but Pete's childish behavior got old waaaay quicker in previous episodes (there have been times where I just wanted to slap Pete and tell him to "Grow up!").

BTW - I herby nominate Pete's line (and timing/pacing) "Ladies.... no charge!" to be quote of the season.

Other than the REALLY drawn out Prius commercial in the beginning, I thought it was a great episode. While I understand the need for "in story" commercials, honestly, this one just took me SO far out of the show that I never really made it back in. It was just awful.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the episode, but MAN I hope they can be a LITTLE more subtle with the car commercials in the future. Stick with beauty shots, or some crazy driving. But spending 2 minutes of the show rattling off features of the car and package options is just annoying.

I personally enjoyed the episode a lot. it did feel "squashed", almost like it should have been a two-hour episode. In all, the humor was there and the story was very engaging. I am definately looking forward to the rest of the season!

I would love this series if it wasn't for one aspect. Claudia. I really hate her character and fail to see how a super smart teenage computer hacker with attitude fits into a show about government agents hunting down supernatural artifacts. She always came off to me like a more annoying and arrogant Wesely Crusher with boobs.

I would love this series if it wasn't for one aspect. Claudia. I really hate her character and fail to see how a super smart teenage computer hacker with attitude fits into a show about government agents hunting down supernatural artifacts. She always came off to me like a more annoying and arrogant Wesely Crusher with boobs.

Be that as it may, at least she's better to look at than Wesley.:love

They could not even use a CHEAP Fender strat for the Hendrix guitar, REALLY!!!!! Would that have broken the prop budget:angry.

That cheap Mako strat they used in the start of the show wrecked the whole thing for me :lol:lol:lol.

It was actually a really good episode.

Muuuch, too much personnel on that team !!!

What is this evolving into? Who´s stories are told? Sorry, but the show is getting much too crowded for my tastes :\

Are we going to get a paranormal CSI rip off?

I'm hoping that they are going to put Pete and Myka back together and take the new guy and Claudia and make a team from them. I got the impression from an episode last season, it was the one where Pete and Myka went back in time in H.G.'s time machine, that the warehouse had quite a few employees at one point in time. It's a great little show and the opener was good.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back