Warehouse 13 Farnsworth with Custom Innards

dr_slurpee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A friend of mine (Karl Derrick) just whipped up an awesome Farnsworth with custom innards and I wanted to show it off for him! He made the currently used hero Farnsworths used on W13. The inside components are all found (nothing custom) modern bits that have been weathered, painted, and distressed to look old with a cast resin screen.

I love the look of it all!

IMG_0919small.jpg

IMG_0918small.jpg

IMG_0916small.jpg

IMG_0915small.jpg

IMG_0914small.jpg

IMG_0912small.jpg

IMG_0910small.jpg

I dont suppose you could find out the dimensions of the casing or where to find a case, could you? I want to make an actual working (a/v) version that works over wifi.

I dont suppose you could find out the dimensions of the casing or where to find a case, could you? I want to make an actual working (a/v) version that works over wifi.

there are topics for this if you use the search function iirc its a tin for fishing accesories :thumbsup

Dr. Slurpy are you still around? Ive got a few questions about your Farnsworth with innards -

Im trying to find some of the unique parts that were used in your Farnsworth...Specifically those 6 little cylinders lining the lower part of the view screen.
Do you happen to know what those are called or where they can be found?

Also, how did you handle the the situation attaching the knobs to the Farnsworth. I have a knob stem I bought but it's just too tall to fit in the Farnsworth casing. It seems you're simply using a threaded screw hole to screw on the knobs? or am i mistaken?

Thanks!

I'm still around, sort of. LOL

Unfortunately this isn't my Farnsworth (I wish it was since I LOVE the innards Karl made), so I'm not really able to answer your questions as I don't know for sure. I know a lot of parts were scratch made also so those cylinders may have been pieces that he made and wound wire around by hand.

I'm still around, sort of. LOL

Unfortunately this isn't my Farnsworth (I wish it was since I LOVE the innards Karl made), so I'm not really able to answer your questions as I don't know for sure. I know a lot of parts were scratch made also so those cylinders may have been pieces that he made and wound wire around by hand.

Hey Doc, thanks for the speedy reply.
I completely forgot that this was made by a friend of yours.
The first time I saw it I totly fell in love with it. From the weathering to the vintage style cloth wiring, even the placement of all the components looks perfect and suggests functionality.
I really like the look of those little cylinders around the screen and wanted to do the same thing with mine.

I don't believe those little cylinders are custom made, though. I've seen those before and I believe they are part of an electromagnet generator or dynamo. Those black cylinders I think are magnetic.....I just don't know what they're called.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back