War of the Worlds War machine finished!

GF

Sr Member
Straight out of the box.

Hardest part to paint for a realistic look was actually the earth design base LOL!

Gerardo

Attachments

• DSC04614.JPG
    DSC04614.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 174
  • DSC04615.JPG
    DSC04615.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 157
  • DSC04616.JPG
    DSC04616.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 207
  • DSC04618.JPG
    DSC04618.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Looks really good. I've been thinking of getting one of these too. Getting the copper color right is the problem but you nailed it.

It's the 1/35 scale offering by Pegasus. They also make a two pack with diorama base and tanks in 1/144 scale.

Last edited:
Nice job, Gerardo! What did you use for the copper color finish, please?

Speaking of Pegasus, they have some of the best value for the money available today. I only hope I can convince them to expand their 'beginning modeler' kits from 1/48 WWII aviation subjects to modern armor subjects in 1/48 scale (but perhaps the license fees are keeping them at bay?) Dang corporate mindset! Arggh!

Sorry, didn't mean to get all grumpy in your thread, G!
Regards,
Robert

hey Robert thanks for the nice words!

I used Krylon copper premium/prestige line, it comes in a smaller 227g can, the cap is copper plated but when sprayed on is more of satin copper finish which I expected as no spray paints have a real chrome finish, it sprays on very smooth, I like to apply heavy coats rather than several thin one for a much smoother finish, or you can apply one light coat then wet sand and apply a final heavy coat.

Gerardo

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back