War Machine Shoulder Cannon Attachment--Best Way?

Witchking

I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking here for a while, mainly because I didn't think the forum was taking anymore new members. Anyway, I have been working on a War Machine suit using foam and the different ideas from other members here that have started/completed this before me. I have looked through various threads regarding these suit builds, but have yet to find a clear answer to my question--what's the best way to attach the shoulder cannon to the back section? I am getting ready to start the back section, but didn't know if I should allow for some type of rigid inner framework to support the weight of the cannon. How are the other members doing this? I know my suit is going to be made of foam, but I want it to be as accurate as possible--in other words, I don't want to glue the cannon to the shoulder armor, etc.

If I have missed a particular thread regarding this, please forgive my oversight. Any help (and/or pics) would be much appreciated.

Hi i not too sure about the structure without having a good think about it, but i did find this picture of a war machine bust that shows you from all angles and it looks as if the cannon is actually attached on the back not the shoulder. sorry if you already knew this, but here it is.
war+machine+bust.jpg

If I were building it, I would create some type of sub structure (under the armor) that goes over your shoulders and connects across behind your neck, so the gun is resting on that rather than on the suit itself.

not sure if this is the best way but here's what i did...:)

a PVC pipe runs inside the bracket which serves as the "skeleton". see red line...

5464712277_35b9de3ca9.jpg

5464715087_5683cfe26b.jpg

as for the "socket". a bigger diameter PVC tube was used. see photo below on how the "socket" was reinforced...

5465313058_e98ca7df89.jpg

tada!

5457321905_6577bde424.jpg

hope this helps... :)

roy

Last edited:
Awesome ideas, and thanks for the pics. I was thinking of a PVC frame inside of the back piece with the mounting piece sticking out the top, then "walled in" with flexible spray foam.

Thanks guys.

roy, that looks really cool! how did you make the gun itself? right now, my plan was to make it look more like an actual mini-gun by using about 6 pvc pipes as the barrels for the gun and just going from there, but i really like how yours turned out

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back