War Machine Mk 1 Progress Thread - It Starts

JSGestalt

I am starting a War Machine build based on IM2.

At the moment I'm assembling Pep files and Foam mock ups to determine which will provide the best detail/difficulty ratio.

Some features I want to include are:

• Motorized Faceplate with LED visor
  • Mounted shoulder cannon with motorized spin action
  • LED palm lights
  • LED Arc Reactor
  • Spring loaded or motorized shoulder compartments
  • 'Ex Wife' Prop
  • Simulated Leg Boosters
  • Metal exoskeleton to reduce weight
  • Smart phone mount in wrist
  • Touch screen compatible fingers
  • Voice modulation

I'm currently using the Pep files posted here on RPF. The goal is to have the suit operational in 6 months or less. (I have tons of build time.)

Any advice from the great groups on here would be amazing. I've read so many build threads for IM and WM. Great work guys. Suggestions are MORE than welcome.

19142036_10209861472953109_263810591_n.jpg

Issue number 1.

I'm using a Cameo 3 to cut out the pep files. It won't recognize my registration marks, which I guess is fine. So I load it without registration marks and the cuts are spot on at the top but toward the bottom they are about a mm high and to the left. Thoughts?

I thought it was because the print job had stretched the image but I reprinted on a standard size and exact same issue.

Registration problem resolved.

It's super confusing but inverting the registration in Cameo and turning on more lights in the room got 80% recognition. Enough to work with.

The helmet was too small after assembly so....scale and reprint, recut and rebuild. Good times!

So here's my progress after resizing the helmet a million times.

19399552_1445276182177387_2133712455802169184_n.jpg

It's pretty big. I'm having a hard time deciding how big to make it without knowing the padding etc, inside.

Going with 125% for now and fingers crossed.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back