War Machine / Iron Man Suit

Sparth

Hi guys,
This is my first post as I haven't really introduced myself but hey, sometimes you gotta fly before you can walk right?

I wanted to make a war machine suit for quite sometimes now but couldn't decide what I really wanted to do it with. So one day at work, I was messing with sintra and found out I can bend it. So I decided to use papakura file and convert it. Luckily, I work at a sign shop and I save all the scrap sintra and making pieces for it. We have a automatic cutter so as long as the cut file is tinkered with, I get a quick piece cut in a few seconds :)

I will answer everything and hoping to find answers of my own here. I do this as a hobby, not for a living and I only have limited time at work to tinker with. I'm a perfectionist so I'm trying to convert the file to a cut file and to have the perfect shape. If you want me to make something and have the cut file, let me know. You just pay for the material and shipping and I'll put in a work order, make it and have our shipping department ship it out for you.

The material I'm using is a .125" sintra, going to try the .250" sintra next but we'll see if the .125 will work for all parts. If you have any suggestion, let me know. There are lots of possibilities here so just PM me.

Currently, I'm working on the iron patriot suit but, of course, without the red and blue. After all, WARMACHINEROCKS right? If you have a vector file of it, save me some time and stuff, PM me. I would like to cut some time off designing and I'll send you the cut pieces after I made one and know that it's a good file for free.

I'll be researching a lot and answering all questions so if you know how to work with Illustrator and interested in building a war machine suit with me, you'll be rewarded just as much as myself of having a wearable suit.

Edit: Picture time. As you see here, this is what I am tinkering with. I'm adjusting the lip of the mask as it's too high and shorten the ends a bit. Having trouble making the forehead though but I'm going to try to crease it soon to make that indents.

warmachine1.0.jpg

Looking good so far. It'll be interesting to see it coming together. Warmachine was something I considered making a while ago but may revisit.

I really enjoy making it with sintra so far. It can easily be sanded smooth. Plus I'll be applying vinyl instead of painting. I wish there's an easier way of making the pieces with papakura files, since not everyone is the same height and making the contour cut path can be tough when modifying the height of a person :(. Any ideas?

The vinyl should give you a really nice finish in the end.

I've never tried anything with sintra unfortunately so can't offer any advice there. Do you mean with bends in the files or...? I'm not quite sure I get what you mean fully.

Welcome Sparth, to THERPF, I look forward to your build bro I also have no experience with Sintra plastic GL.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back