War Machine FULL ARMOR PROJECT

faiNter

hello everyone, my name is Aslan, and i'm from country called Kazakhstan. This is my 2nd pepakura project, War Machine(idk what mark is this one)...
its time to show some pics

and one weared it on

so my next stop is to resin outside and to fiberglass inside the helmet...also i've made the eye piece and will try to put transparent plastic into it.
Any comments, regards or remarks would be an asset. And any advices about working with resin/fiberglass if possible(i'm not pro in this stuff yet;))
Stay tuned for updates!!!

Last edited:
Re: War Machine Helmet

Thanks everyone, very appreciated!!Have some questions ab fiberglassing and resinning

Question: will it deform by pressing, even if it resined and fged??(sorry, im nor perfect in English;))

Yes it will deform. The resin alone isn't strong enough to support the paper. If you leave an air space without any fiberglass you risk those details deforming when it is time for bondo and sanding.

A good trick for getting fiberglass into those tight corners is to use spray adhesive to stick your fiberglass material onto the helmet. With the spray adhesive you can take your time and make sure there are no air spaces.

Then come back and add your resin onto the fiberglass.

aron42486, Thanks for advice very much! i will try it. but first i need to buy some fiberglass/cloth and resin. stay tuned for updates soon!! :)

Hello everyone! i have some updates! worked slowly bcz of studies and work. So here are some pisc:

09092011081.jpg

09092011082.jpg

and i have a few quiestions:
1. should i stick all peaces together before filling and sanding? and then cut out faceplate and the neck sections? :confused if yes: what should i use to stick it together?? glue??:confused

2. what is that? fold's bug? :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused
ironman2warmachine.jpg

There're too many work yet. i want to put another 1-2 fb layers, to extra strong it:love:love
Thanks to all. Stay tuned!!:):):)

Re: War Machine Helmet UPDATED 20.09.2011

ok, so i've added first coat to wm helmet's parts, and quick sanded it, also i mounted in some pins.i think it starting to look nice)..pics are included:
20092011121.jpg
20092011122.jpg

20092011125.jpg
20092011127.jpg

Re: War Machine HD Helmet UPDATED 20.09.2011

Looking good!
Thanks man!

Looking good man. :)
Thanks Stealth, a lot of inspiration was taken from your youtube channel vids:love:love

nice going there man :):thumbsup...

this thread reminds me a lot of our war machine helm build... Ironman/Warmachine Motorized faceplate pRoJectEarth7 - YouTube

keep it up!

wow thats amazing thing, may i ask you for an electronics advice when i will start to "electrify" my helm??? :confused:angel thank you

ps: i just pepped body armor also, so we will be need to retitle the thread soon :love:love:love

Re: War Machine HD Helmet UPDATED 20.09.2011

ok, so i've pepped the chest and back pieces, tomorrow will start to resin it, and now some pics!!!!:cool
21092011133.jpg

21092011132.jpg

21092011134.jpg

21092011135.jpg

21092011137.jpg

keep it up!

wow Kazakhstan! I haven't seen many people from there on this forum. I think you're the first. :)
I think i'm the first too:lol Thanks!
anyway, i've pepped the shin file, but was lil bit disapointed bcz of scale, i think it's too large:cry:cry:cry some pics:
PS: sorry for "shiny" mirror, i think it is hundred years to it(it is very old :D:D)
PS2: i've used default scale(didnt changed it)
23092011150.jpg

23092011148.jpg

23092011140.jpg

23092011151.jpg

23092011152.jpg

23092011149.jpg

A good trick for getting fiberglass into those tight corners is to use spray adhesive to stick your fiberglass material onto the helmet. With the spray adhesive you can take your time and make sure there are no air spaces.

Then come back and add your resin onto the fiberglass.

So that's how you do it! Thanks for the tip!

Great looking WM armor too.:thumbsup

Is the shin unfolded by the same person as the chest and helmet? The unfolder can rescale the piece so you have to be careful about that.

It does look a little too large. Are you going to make a smaller one?

Soooooo!! Here are some updates!!!!
1. it is all about my unpatience!:rolleyes i've primered main part of the WM halmet, and then painted it:confused
30092011181.jpg

30092011179.jpg

30092011182.jpg

2. It's a little bonus. Ta-dam!!!
28092011164.jpg

28092011165.jpg

28092011163.jpg

28092011166.jpg

lol soviet helmet(not replica but original one :love:love) for airsoft

Is the shin unfolded by the same person as the chest and helmet? The unfolder can rescale the piece so you have to be careful about that.

It does look a little too large. Are you going to make a smaller one?

aron, nope the chestpieces are undfolded by Dubean33(thanks to him alot btw) they are sd, but shin is unfolded by Zabana i think(it is from wm hd files thread, thanks to Zabana too). helm by(idk actually who was that guy but War_Machine_HD_Larger_size_-_Unfolded_by_D is the name of pep file)

Yes, it does too large, i would said it is HUGE:D i dont know how to measure it up to perfect fit, i've read the rpf and 404th threads about measuring but didnt understand it at all:confused but i think i can scale down default scale little bit and try to pep it again.

some another pics:
30092011183.jpg

30092011184.jpg

30092011185.jpg

30092011186.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back