War Machine Foam Armour Completed Pics UP!

rockeagle2001

Hi all, I made a foam War Machine. Don Robert and Izabel gave me a headstart by making the arms, legs and helmet, so all i had to do was complete the chest and torso area. Havent had a chance to take proper pics in it, hence the lame ones! I also did a rush paint job for the and hence it came out disappointing. I am gg to paint it again enjoy!!! oh yeah, the gatling gun was not mounted as i got a fren to go clubbing in it!

How do people get the chest and eyes lit, and how do you see? Looks great, so I thought I'd ask...

On my build for my son, I used a string of 20 LED Christmas lights (battery powered) for the eyes. I used 5 LED's per eye and placed them in between layers of blue-tinted plastic (from cheap sunglasses and a white plastic backing.

In this photo the white plastic backing isn't on yet...

6253798407_a0e39512b9.jpg

You then have to black-out the glow into the helmet or it spills out everywhere.

Here is a look at what the foam and black painted inside of the faceplate looked like when I was done 'blacking-out' the faceplate.

6279679325_b8c79d48da.jpg

You can see how much space I built into the slots under the eyes - for a better view for Mikey.

And, here, is a look at the faceplate attached to the helmet - and you can also see the on/off switch of the battery pack (which sits under that foam).

6280200080_a58152b329.jpg

The extra space below the lights can be seen from THIS angle...

6279675351_43627e53a4.jpg

But at a regular viewing angle it becomes very small...

6279677775_9753b790dc.jpg

Hope that helps! :):thumbsup

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back