WAR MACHINE Build (Ironman done pg2)

fynixdown

Hey guys so this is my first time doing anything like this, but I'm gonna give it my best shot. I will be doing an Iron man and War Machine suit for me and my buddy. After alot of research I decided to go with the pepakura fiberglass bondo method. I've already pepped a few helmets just to get the hang of it. I'll post a pic of the Iron Man helmet later once I redo it. I have to get my buddys measurements. Here's the War Machine helmet though :)
I'm not sure if this can help anyone,but I'm 5'3" (kinda small I know) I plan on wearing some lifts to help with the suit. Here's some measurement and what i used for my size.

Head-22" around 17 cm wide/ Helmet used default size fits snug

Neck- 14 1/2" around
Chest- 37" / Torso I used 1.4 scale which you can see in the pic I like the way it fits but limited movement with my head due to the closeness of the neck. I feel I may have to do some mods to it, but I do like this size. I originally built the torso at a 1.565 scale and it's way too big the bottom came almost all the way down to my waist.

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man and War Machine Build

Welcome, Im new here too and have my complete armor pepped and in the middle of resin. Great work on the helmet, keep at it and dont get discouraged, its soooooo worth it.

Nice pep man, I'm working on a warmachine too, but the pepping takes ages for me xD How long did it take you to make that helmet (and which file did you use), so I will know if I'm just slow or impatient haha.

@markkNL I think I picked some hard parts to start on heh. I've done a few helmets and started pepping Zabana's hands soooo yeah heh. I'm not sure if I'm fast, slow or whatever. I feel I'm moving slow, but this one took me around 6 hours to do. The hardest time I have is trying to see the numbers, in the tight places it catches me up. All the files I got for the War Machine build are from this thread http://http://www.therpf.com/f24/war-machine-high-def-pepakura-team-up-113492/ I think I might have had to go to the 405th for some files, but it's basically the same thread. I can't remember where I got the Iron Man files, I believe they're all Robo's though.

Wtf 6 hours? I couldn't even cut out all the parts in 6 hours. I'm currently making the HD warmachine helmet though, don't know if that has more parts then this one

Wtf 6 hours? I couldn't even cut out all the parts in 6 hours. I'm currently making the HD warmachine helmet though, don't know if that has more parts then this one

It had quite a bit. I don't have it in front of me right now but I believe it's in 4 or 5 separate pieces. The first helmet I did was dungbeetles iron man helmet and that took me around 7-8 hours. It took me about 4 hours to cut it out. Then the next helmet I did was the HD version Iron Man the sharkhead dubean version I think and it took me only an hour to cut out the pieces and maybe 4 to put it together. After building them a few times I kind of understand the layout more I suppose you could say. Like i figure what tabs I need and which I can do without or cut them a little differently. It's hard to describe exactly. I don't know if it helps that I'm an artist and have a pretty steady hand. I use an xacto knife to cut so I guess it's almost like outlining for me. Then I run over all the fold lines with the blade lightly so everything foldes a bit easier.

the mask looks awesome so far man! what kind of card stock did you use, because i see you just printed it straight onto the card stock. the way i'm doing it, i have to trace it on to the card stock and then cut it all out. the card stock i have right now is 110 lb card stock and is about 10"x24". this looks a lot simpler though.

the mask looks awesome so far man! what kind of card stock did you use, because i see you just printed it straight onto the card stock. the way i'm doing it, i have to trace it on to the card stock and then cut it all out. the card stock i have right now is 110 lb card stock and is about 10"x24". this looks a lot simpler though.

Thanks I actually need to update with some new pics since I have alot done now. I printed it out on 110 lb card stock. Mine was 11 x 8.5 though so that might be where you have the issue. Just get smaller sized paper, but with that size alot of the templates need rearranging.

I actually have a whole bunch more pics to post, but I'm getting ready to head out and was just excited about this one.

I'm not sure if this can help anyone,but I'm 5'3" (kinda small I know) I plan on wearing some lifts to help with the suit. Here's some measurement and what i used for my size.

Head-22" around 17 cm wide/ Helmet used default size fits snug

Neck- 14 1/2" around
Chest- 37" / Torso I used 1.4 scale which you can see in the pic I like the way it fits but limited movement with my head due to the closeness of the neck. I feel I may have to do some mods to it, but I do like this size. I originally built the torso at a 1.565 scale and it's way too big the bottom came almost all the way down to my waist.

Your head is 22" did you build it at default scale and it fit you? Just curious as I want to make one myself with that file. My head is the same diameter
Thanks

Everything is looking good so far man.

Your head is 22" did you build it at default scale and it fit you? Just curious as I want to make one myself with that files.
Thanks

Yeah I think I may put some supports in it to when I harden it just to widen it out at the top slightly near the eyes but yeah. Gonna have to flatten my hair out a bit too (haha I have a mohawk) but yeah I used the HD war machine helmet at the larger size.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back