WAR MACHINE Build (Ironman done pg2)

Re: Iron Man and War Machine Build

Well i used foam for one but when i closed my hand teared a bit in both sides of the palm, so im pepping one now

Well i used foam for one but when i closed my hand teared a bit in both sides of the palm, so im pepping one now

I'm actually building a foam one now im not too sure how i feel about it yet. I did pep one and I liked it but i was worried about being about to do anything with my hands at all because of it.

Did a hand in foam might do it all over again though since it doesn't close, either that or modify it slightly. I think I'm gonna go this route for my hands though.

i have just joined this rpf and am wondering how to put pics of my work on could any one help me plz or tell me how to make a new post

Last edited:

i have just joined this rpf and am wondering how to put pics of my work on could any one help me plz or tell me how to make a new post

You make a new thread in the place you want to post then click the attachment and upload pics.

Built this hand (foam) two nights ago and built this arm last night. These are for my buddy's Iron Man suit. Both being held together by tape right now. I think bigger people got it easier when it comes to pep heh. He's 6'1" and yeah bigger pieces are easier to work with. Anyway here's some measurements for you guys if it'll help.

Wrist- 8cm across, 9 1/2in around
Forearm- 29 1/2 cm from wrist to elbow
Bicep - 16in around, 30cm from elbow to shoulder

Used 26.154882 for both as well as the handplate

Palm- 11cm across/ used 1.001838 for whole hand
Index-9 1/2cm / scale 1.054503
Middle-10 1/2cm/ scale 1.081309
Ring-10 cm/ scale 1.093881
Pinky- 7 cm/ scale 0.943038
Thumb-7 cm/ scale 1.083967

I used Robo's files for the arm and Zabana's files for the hand.

What do you guys think of these shoulder bells? Are they too big? I used these ones are the original torso I built which was way too large for me. I'm not sure if I should make smaller ones just because I do like the look of these, but I'm afraid once they're harden they won't sit quite right because right now they are folded in slightly.

The proportion looks good to me, but to be sure pep the biceps and attach them too, so far its looking great :)

looks good. I've been wanting to start a suit but just havent got the guts to pull the trigger yet

I think this is about to become a foam build. Well more of a hybrid. I planned on originally doing just the hands and neck in foam and the rest in fiberglass. I may still fiberglass my torso due to the minigun mount and all but that may be it. The Iron Man build is looking to definitely be made out of foam. Mostly just a fund issue right now and I have a majority of the things to make foam builds but not pepakura. I'm not really bummed about it or anything just all didn't follow the plan heh.

looks good. I've been wanting to start a suit but just havent got the guts to pull the trigger yet

Thanks :) Heh you just gotta do it. There's been a few times where I'm like how the heck am I gonna do that and the first thing you realize is whelp it's not gonna get done wondering about it just gotta do it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back