War Films - Exhibition coming 2016

FilmHeritage

Hello everyone,

I have been enjoying trawling through these forums hearing about your fantastic collections and I thought you all might be interested in, or be able to help with an upcoming exhibition.

The Imperial War Museum in London are preparing their major exhibition for 2016 on the war film, investigating conflict in cinema from WWI to present day. The exhibition will coincide with the release of the restored 1916 film The Battle of the Somme and will examine the enduring impact of the genre and popularity of the war film 'blockbuster'.

We are currently developing the exhibition and looking for interesting pieces to display. We are borrowing from institutional and private collections around the world, and drawing from the IWM's own world class collections. If anyone has anything they might think fits the bill I'd love to hear more!

We are looking at everything from All Quiet on the Western Front to Lawrence of Arabia, Bridge on the River Kwai, A Bridge Too Far, Battle of Britain, Casablanca, The Great Escape, The Great Dictator, Apocalypse Now, Paths of Glory, Full Metal Jacket, as well as modern conflicts The Hurt Locker, American Sniper and Zero Dark Thirty. We have an entire section devoted to Saving Private Ryan. We are looking at the whole genre so feel free to get in touch and let us know what's out there.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back