Want to Buy Wanting to buy 3D printed or resin cast Ironman helmet

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Gam3r

I am looking to buy an Ironman helmet, 3D printed or resin cast. As long as it is ready to prime and Paint (that is no bondo and stuff needed).
I was thinking of the MK3, MK6 or MK42, doesn't really matter which one.

I live in Norway, so it would need to be shipped here.

So if anyone has the time to help me, I would appreciate it :)

And please post a price if you are interested in helping me :)

Thanks for reading.. :)

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Kevin Gossett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Re: Wanting to buy 3D printed Ironman helmet

A resin cast would be far cheaper. Why do you specifically want a printed one?

Gam3r

Re: Wanting to buy 3D printed Ironman helmet

Well...don't really know, just remember thinking it looks better.. but yeah, a resin cast is also interesting. As long as it's not too expensive and looks good ;) I am not experienced in the molding with bondo and stuff, so it needs to be ready to prime and Paint (do not own a dremel or similar).

Kevin Gossett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
3d printed will require a lot of finishing work on your part, so a resin cast will be your best bet. You'll still most likely need to do some prep work, like trimming, sanding, and filling (unless you pay extra for that)

Gam3r

I could pay extra for that, if the price for the helmet itself is good.. I don't have the biggest budget for this ;) But I could also sand it down and stuff my self, as long as I didn't have to finish the mold With clay or such... Im not too good with that :)

TJackFx

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I could pay extra for that, if the price for the helmet itself is good.. I don't have the biggest budget for this ;) But I could also sand it down and stuff my self, as long as I didn't have to finish the mold With clay or such... Im not too good with that :)

why would you need to "finish the mold"? Resin casts are already complete - as KG said, you will typically still need to sand and potentially a bit of spot filling as I have never seen a cast come straight out of the mold and be ready for primer paint. If you are asking the maker to do all the prep work, you should expect to pay at least $200 + shipping since most the helmets on this site start at $200 for a raw cast that still requires prep work.

What is your budget anyhow?

Gam3r

I was hoping for no more than $180 including shipping... I know this is a bit under the normal askingprice, but maybe someone has a helmet cast just lying around ;) And Yeah, I can do sanding and spot finishing, no problem... It's just that I have seen videos where folks cover the entire cast with clay, and sculpts from there.... but if it is nearly paint ready from cast, just some sanding and spot finishing, I can do that ;)