Wanted old BSG Hi Res. screen caps

Lynn TXP 0369

Sr Member
I'm looking to redo my BSG SS displays and I want pics of the real SS props in their real environments

I'm looking for some really good Hi Res Screen caps preferably in the 1-2 MB range for good printing quality.

I'm looking for some screen caps of the Raiders flying in a "single file wave formation" of 3 or more and just some good clear pics of some Vipers single or two in flight.

I have got Jeese's model DVD's that has some pics on it, but I really need some good Hi Res quality pics that can be printed out at 11" X 14".

Even production stills would work if they are what I'm looking for.

Please post here with links or email me at lnlbar@epix.net

Thanks,
Lynn

Hi Lynn.

I don't think you'll be able to get a result that good enough with screencaps from DVDs, simply because the the resolution isn't big enough (720x576 pixels PAL, can't remember NTSC).

I think you'll get the best result, if you could scan (or get scans of) photographs (old lobbycards etc.).

Hope this will get you in the right direction.

I would gladly help with screencaptures, but as I said, the result wouldn't be great in such a large print.

Cheers
Niels

I have the DVDs and could make some screen caps, but I agree, I'm not sure how well they will print. I have seen some Ebay auctions for posters that might better fit the bill. (maybe cut down?)

Thanks for the offers guys.
I didn't realize that printing screen caps would not come out that great.

I have been looking at BSG for the poster books on eBay, but I have no clue at what ones to look for without buying them all.

Any tips or leads on which poster books to look for?

Lynn

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back