want to rock 'yellow contacts'... but I already wear prescription!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Predator of Jax

I guess this wouldn't work then?

I mean, I don't know if we have any Optometrist in the room, but I figured contact on top of contact would be a b!tch in the 'comfort aspect'.

I've bought colored prescription lenses before... threw em away after awhile. Then I'm like... well I have the prescriptions now (to be able to freakin see), but want to rock crazy yellow ones when removing my mask this Halloween.

Just can't fathom buying colored prescriptions for a couple of times use again... they were like, $110. 'Boooo'.

Anyone run into this dilemma before?

You think contact on top of contact would work?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Tatsu

It could be risky. Something might go wrong where the Colored ones could scratch or damage your good perscription ones. Just becareful of whatever decision you make, first and foremost, you don't want to **** up your good perscriptions.

Elkman

I mean, I don't know if we have any Optometrist in the room, but I figured contact on top of contact would be a b!tch in the 'comfort aspect'.

I've bought colored prescription lenses before... threw em away after awhile. Then I'm like... well I have the prescriptions now (to be able to freakin see), but want to rock crazy yellow ones when removing my mask this Halloween.

Just can't fathom buying colored prescriptions for a couple of times use again... they were like, $110. 'Boooo'.

I was talking with a place at Dragon*Con that makes colored contact lenses for creatures. It sounds like they can make prescription lenses with their colors, as long as you send in your prescription. The cost is $40 plus the cost of their own lenses.

...but the heck if I remember what the name of the place is offhand. I'll look it up and see if I can get you their contact information. (Get it? Contact? Ha ha.)

Guan Thwei

I HIGHLY recommend 9mmsfx.com this company has made contact lenses for Underworld, Hellraiser, and a slew of other major film projects, so these would not have to be worn over your existing contacts. because these are from an Optometry lab and I have bought a pair from the company and the only way to buying these is by prescription only they even ask for your Doctors info to help verify the order. You can check out their huge inventory here
9mmsfx

JehdinThwei

I HIGHLY recommend 9mmsfx.com this company has made contact lenses for Underworld, Hellraiser, and a slew of other major film projects, so these would not have to be worn over your existing contacts. because these are from an Optometry lab and I have bought a pair from the company and the only way to buying these is by prescription only they even ask for your Doctors info to help verify the order. You can check out their huge inventory here
9mmsfx

Sclera (covering the whites of the eyes) lenses cannot have prescription for astigmatism, other than that they can do any prescription including astigmatism (toric lenses) for all other styles, and even the sclera lenses can have simple prescriptions, just not for toric lenses. I just ordered PlainO lenses and had to have a non corrective prescription to insure size and roundness of eye.

I will give a report on Wednesday when they arrive.

Guan Thwei

Sclera (covering the whites of the eyes) lenses cannot have prescription for astigmatism, other than that they can do any prescription including astigmatism (toric lenses) for all other styles, and even the sclera lenses can have simple prescriptions, just not for toric lenses. I just ordered PlainO lenses and had to have a non corrective prescription to insure size and roundness of eye.
I will give a report on Wednesday when they arrive.
Check out mine that I bought they work great and even my Optometrist at the time was suprised @ the quality because these are the real deal. The glowing effect is used with a special solution that comes with the contacts. I don't have a problem with them other then the fact I have to have my eyes adjust to them once I put them on, but that doesn't take too long to do then I'm out having fun with them.
Glowingeyes.jpg

JehdinThwei

Check out mine that I bought they work great and even my Optometrist at the time was suprised @ the quality because these are the real deal. The glowing effect is used with a special solution that comes with the contacts. I don't have a problem with them other then the fact I have to have my eyes adjust to them once I put them on, but that doesn't take too long to do then I'm out having fun with them.

Pretty badass, man. I'll be sporting these. It is the closest I will get to being a Pred for Halloween this year.

predatorcontact.jpg.png

Guan Thwei

Yeah I will be getting those when I get the funds ready those are like $320 a pair, so that might be my biggest buy of my suit.

Be warned - Sclera lenses are WAY more irritating than normal lenses.

I'm going with Wild Eyes "Wolf" lenses for my Pred for comfort reasons...
They also glow in UV