Unlimited Run WannaWanga Bunker Bomb Kit.

You KNOW I gotta have one of these. I swear I posted already but I scrolled back through and don't see it. Must've not hit Send.
full shebang version

Bunker-Bomb-Launch.jpg

Honestly I only glanced at that photo as I thought it was just the auction photo again... didn't realize that was a build of your kit -- wow! It looks fantastic on closer inspection.

Will the kits without photomultipliers include the screws to mount them? I have my own tube but tiny screws can be a pain to track down sometimes.

Honestly I only glanced at that photo as I thought it was just the auction photo again... didn't realize that was a build of your kit -- wow! It looks fantastic on closer inspection.

Will the kits without photomultipliers include the screws to mount them? I have my own tube but tiny screws can be a pain to track down sometimes.

Sure! All screws are included.

I wonder if the stone effect spray paint would do the same job.

I've used stone effect spray paint in the past (Rust-oleum) but that gives a much coarser texture. I decided not to use that. Only a tiny bit of texture is enough. I even thought of adding some fine sand, but that might be terrible to apply with a paint. The Tamiya stuff is quite amazing and very hard after 24h.

I've used stone effect spray paint in the past (Rust-oleum) but that gives a much coarser texture. I decided not to use that. Only a tiny bit of texture is enough. I even thought of adding some fine sand, but that might be terrible to apply with a paint. The Tamiya stuff is quite amazing and very hard after 24h.
Can you also share your paint color choices with us?

I wonder if doing a top coat with a sponge would give a good texture look.

technically you don’t need the texture on the skirt section. I seems like any texture on the prop is due to brush strokes but I personally like the full body texture look.

Can you also share your paint color choices with us?

I wonder if doing a top coat with a sponge would give a good texture look.

technically you don’t need the texture on the skirt section. I seems like any texture on the prop is due to brush strokes but I personally like the full body texture look.

I used Tamiya XF-52 flat earth acrylic paint with my airbrush.
I first used XF-72 brown, but that was too light for my taste. The color is very tricky. The PropStore is known to over saturate their catalog pictures (according to a friend). And if you look at other photos of the prop (or of one of the other hero props) the color looks much darker. But mine might be a bit too dark and I might redo it in the end.

Roy

The texture reminds me of my droid caller. Maybe some wrinkle paint would work? Easy to apply and easy to knock down....presuming the solvents wont harm the resin/plastic.

The texture reminds me of my droid caller. Maybe some wrinkle paint would work? Easy to apply and easy to knock down....presuming the solvents wont harm the resin/plastic.

I also think that texture is perhaps too large for this prop! It's not as big as you might think.

That Tamiya stuff is 20-something dollars a bottle on Amazon.

Yeah. But you can build a lot of pavement with it! :)
Maybe there's more economical solutions, I don't know. Perhaps add some fine sand to some primer. That might work too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back