WannaWanga ANH Graflex Configuration

There don't appear to be holes on the images of the Elstree saber for those 4 rivets, and that picture... its not new... so why is (to me at least) the news of the 4 rivets on the body of the hilt such "new news"?

There don't appear to be holes on the images of the Elstree saber for those 4 rivets, and that picture... its not new... so why is (to me at least) the news of the 4 rivets on the body of the hilt such "new news"?

The Elstree saber helped everyone to realize that the D-rings used on the ANH Graflexes had two rivets. After the pics of it were released, folks went back and examined pics of the toe pic and hero saber, primarily to see if these also showed a two-rivet D-ring. It seemed they do, but more importantly, a new look at these pics also revealed 4-as yet undiscovered rivets on the lower saber body of the hero saber(s).

The fact that these four rivets are not on the Elstree production-made stunt saber in no way invalidates the fact that they are clearly seen on the hero saber(s).

Oooh! Pretty colors! Hey roygilsing ! If you start offering rainbow grips, we'll have to start calling you Roy G Biv! HA! ;)

I couldn't resist:
-ROYGBIV-.jpg

This is hilarious! I never heard of the acrynom before, even though it contains such a large part of my name. I'll tell my mother! [emoji1]

I couldn't resist:

THAT'S AWESOME!

I learned ROYGBIV in... elementary school. Had to have been, I didn't take art in high school, and I knew about it WAY before art school. That or my folks taught it to me in a children's book.

I'm glad it tickled your funny bone! Let us know what Mom says. ;)

Amazing find. Soooo happy I haven't finished my ANH graflex yet.

About the extra rivets, what purpose do they serve??

Over at the Elstree saber thread there were several ideas. My guess is that they held some internal part (L-shaped bracket) to reinforce the D-ring construction for added strength of the saber as a belt hanger. Maybe it was tested and thought that the Graflex bottom could pop out during filming.

Over at the Elstree saber thread there were several ideas. My guess is that they held some internal part (L-shaped bracket) to reinforce the D-ring construction for added strength of the saber as a belt hanger. Maybe it was tested and thought that the Graflex bottom could pop out during filming.

Alrighty. I will definitely be getting this along with a resin cast grip guide, if you make one ;)

Will this get added to the Luke ANH complete kit?

Great work, Roy! Thanks so much for doing all this.
I wish I hadn’t just finished my saber. I don’t really want to re-do the grips, but at least I have the two-rivet D-ring. (I promised myself there wouldn’t be a “next lightsaber...”) :rolleyes:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back