Wanda Maximoff Age of Ultron Costumes and References

20707926_1514239988653395_4993685461400535553_n.jpg

Working on the smocking right now. I ran out of elastic thread after four rows, I want to do about four more rows, then steam iron it to get the smocking nice and tight. For the pattern, I raised the waist a bit since Wanda's waist isn't as dropped, this was easy, just use the petite guide instead of the normal waist. I I also cut the proper front seams into the pattern since the pattern has the front parts of the skirt attached all the way to the side seams whereas Wanda's skirt is more like this (picture not mine):

dress-seams03.jpg

Wanda's dress also has no collar, which is an easy fix for this pattern. She doesn't have cuffs on her sleeve, either, so I'm leaving off the cuffs and just serging the end and flipping it over.

IYZWiu1.png

Sorry for the awkward picture, but I made my "magic" Wanda socks and I'm so happy!

20767811_1516172028460191_2631030301459648029_n.jpg20729391_1516172031793524_1202662863561114962_n.jpg

You can sew literally anything to Capezio dance tights. I normally prefer the convertible tights, because you can slip the toe of them over your foot and put on flip flops if your feet hurt, but I used stirrup tights for better security since the socks would be going over them. I bought a pair of slashed tights and put them on over my Capezios. I marked where I wanted them to be in a silver marker, took them off, then cup a few inches above that line. I put them back on and pinned some elastic around the silver line. I sewed the elastic in, then put them back on and pinned them to my Capezios. Then, I folded the remainder over the sewn line and sewed them down again, covering the elastic. This way, it looks like there's a sock top and using elastic gives both sets of tights something solid to be sewn to. And voila. Socks that won't fall down.

A French jewelry site had one in stock in a size 7, I’m a ring size 8 so I had to hack a mall piece out of the band with my Dremel to make it adjustable. I would search on eBay or resale sites since they’ve been sold out for a while and it’s fairly expensive jewelry.

Resurrecting this rather old thread to firstly say excellent work, and secondly ask what type of fabric you used for the Battle of Sokovia dress? I'm having trouble finding something accurate.

Hate to be that person who pulls this post out of the dead, but did you find the boots? I can't find any info on them anywhere!

I was hoping to buy the red leather-ey w/ gold ring from Wanda's right hand but I think you might have put your transaction link instead of the listing link for etsy- if you somehow see this would you maybe mind specifying what to look for?

I was hoping to buy the red leather-ey w/ gold ring from Wanda's right hand but I think you might have put your transaction link instead of the listing link for etsy- if you somehow see this would you maybe mind specifying what to look for?

Not sure if this is the listing they were trying to post, but this is where I got mine

View attachment 614969

Thread resurrection! I'm still working on all of the costumes. Just. Slowly. This is the mockup of the red dress. I need to sharpen the v of the neckline, pattern some facing, take in the sleeves and lengthen the hem a few inches. I ordered some custom fabric with the flower print on it for the final dress. I'm going to use the same pattern for her battle dress and just alter the skirt of it entirely.
Where is the fabric from?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back