Wand phaser - led issues ??

DrMcoy

Sr Member
thought i'd start a new thread as the original one was getting a bit long. and i thought this might get lost in the shuffle.

first, i LOVE the phaser, and have posted this in original thread.

however, playing with it the other day and it seemed to be a bit squirrely -- front nozzle on pistol would only light up intermittently (but still vibrate and make phaser sounds). i tested all settings, some worked fine others would sometimes not light up front tip. went around dial a few times, seemed to be random which settings would sometimes not light. then they seemed to all light, then maybe one didn't.

pulled out hand unit, it lit up okay.

now, i have only charged it ONCE since I got it back in Nov or Dec (whenever they first shipped) but I have not played with it that much, so I am concerned it may be an internal wiring or circuit board error -- obviously something I would have no idea how to fix.

I will indeed charge it tonite and see what happens, but thought I'd see if any others have had this issue. not sure if i could even send it back fro replacement at this point (got from ThinkGeek)

I am having the same exact problem. Have hardly touched it. I presume there supposed to be a prism of some sort to focus the light from the hand phaser through the tip, perhaps? Does anyone have a solution for this?

I am having the same exact problem. Have hardly touched it. I presume there supposed to be a prism of some sort to focus the light from the hand phaser through the tip, perhaps? Does anyone have a solution for this?

The P1 and P2 have separate LEDs. The P1 can’t change colors. I’ve had this issue from time-to-time and found a bit of a “jiggle” of the P1 helps make contact with the 6 pins. If that doesn’t work, powering down then back up always works.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back