Wampa ESB New York Folmer Graflex Alignment Question

NathanM

I was curious about this detail and how it's generally interpreted on here. Obviously for utmost accuracy when analyzing the Wampa cave saber a certain alignment is important and is distinguishing factor to some when seeking out this version of flash for their build.

My question is whether that alignment is considered correct only when the flash is in its locked clamp position where it's completely rotated and pulled up into the notches? Or is the ability to rotate it into alignment and then locked down with the clamp lever considered suitable? I know this is minutiae that may be somewhat pedantic, but really that's what this often boils down to lol!

Thanks for the clarification.

I consider it to be when the flash bottom is 'locked' against the tabs of the clamp. I just found a folmer recently that is exactly right when locked into the clamps tabs, and had another that was close, but needed to be in the middle of the travel in order to be right. I'm using the former as I think it's more appropriate. I don't necessarily want to have to think about which grip aligns where in order to get the sabers assembly right, and would feel weird selling a flash to someone claiming it was correct for that scene if it was correct because you could get the alignment right if you just happen to adjust the bottom correctly.

Of course there are also plenty of people that have removed the tabs of their clamps in order to freely rotate the bottom to get the alignment right, but I wouldn't do that personally

On this topic, I would LOVE to see the Wampa cave saber in its entirety. The card is crooked, at least 2 grips are shrunken and awful looking and it IS bladed, so there might be an attachment in the bulb rings or a core in there.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back