Wall thickness of Graflex flash?

3Tripnip

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello.

I am wanting to make my own hardware Vader ROTJ saber, and I'm starting with the main tube. I can order different wall thicknesses of metal tubing, and I don't know how thick to order. Can someone please tell me what the thickness of the wall of a Graflex flash is? 0.035", 0.049",0.065", or 0.120"? Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

-Trip

Hey there.

Well I just got out the calipers and took a reading of my Graflex and it says 1.24 mm or 0.0490" for the thickness of the main tube.

Hope this does it for you.

Cheers,

MJC.

Cantina_Dude - Awesome man, thanks for measuring.

Boba_Frett - The two places I buy my tubing from are Ebay (GREAT prices on 1.25", 1.375", and 1.5" + lengths, search for "intercooler tube") and here:

http://www.onlinemetals.com

You can buy custom lengths from that place, and it's pretty cheap too. Thanks again.

-Trip

Ha! Great thanks for the reply. Yea I’ve delved pretty deep into the forum to look for measurements for my cad model. I’ve got a thread going with production drawings in it so if you want to contribute more please do. That thread is for an obi wan hilt but I still need the clamp dimensions to be correct.

Thanks again!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back