Wall panels

KevinD

Sr Member
A bit of domestic decoration. I have made these to hang on the wall, the Enterprise intercom, similar thing from the Liberator in Blakes 7 and the door lock panel from Moonbase Alpha in Space 1999.

It's cheaper than oil paintings!
Int1.jpg

Comm3.jpg

door2_zpsjr4ineod.jpg

They all look excellent! Creating props from existing materials is part of the craft and you have done a fantastic job with all of these.

Thanks. The lens was a small acrylic hemisphere from a craft shop painted clear red. Around that, I made a bezel from the metal lid of a smelly candle and glued a larger but cut down acrylic hemisphere to that. Expensive, this was not!

Very nice work! And very effective - I love that. If you just look around, it's amazing what you can do with the lids of orange juice bottles etc. One thing, I like in particular is the blue opaque lid of Sensodyne toothpaste - it makes a wonderful Sci-Fi LED cover.
Here is how I made LED covers from those round pieces that you find in many gallon-size milk bottles.
20190920_235456.jpg 20190921_000901.jpg 20190921_001008.jpg

The grille was made with styrene strips across a plasticard rectangle. The whole lot covered in chrome tape, with black striping tape below each strip and a load of holes drilled in it. Not accurate but gives the idea.

The led covers in the above are very clever by the way!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back