Question Wall of Shame?

HUMVEE Driver

Hello RPF,
I looked over all the threads, and I couldn't find one to ask my question. So I'm asking it here. Is there a 'Wall of Shame' or something similar used to warn members about prop/costume builders who take payments and then disappear, recast items, sell shoddy props, etc? Please let me know.
Thank you,
Max

Hello RPF,
I looked over all the threads, and I couldn't find one to ask my question. So I'm asking it here. Is there a 'Wall of Shame' or something similar used to warn members about prop/costume builders who take payments and then disappear, recast items, sell shoddy props, etc? Please let me know.
Thank you,
Max
Not such a dedicated thread. Most people will just create a thread telling their side of the story.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

I believe most sights would call that a blacklist, but since there is a tv show called blacklist.......

cavx is correct. Most post a thread where your tell your side, and the other person can reply with their defense.

The member ban list will also tell you which member has been banned for “Sales issues”

Although they only update here and there and only put some of the names on there... so it is not a complete list to go by.

Here are two things I follow:

1. If you are a buyer and already have a deal with a seller and they seem to have flaked on delivery, then you post a public thread calling them out here. This does two things, the first being it opens a public form of communication and the second, it creates a searchable record here on the forum. Often calling someone out publicly is enough to shame them and scare them into making good on the deal... as reputation is big here and getting banned is often a deterrent.

And...

2. If you are thinking about buying from a seller and want to double check their reputation first, then come to the RPF and in the top search bar, enter their name. This is often an easy way to see if threads pop up that confirm their quality and delivery of items. And on the flip side, if anyone has had issues with the seller, those threads usually pop up for you to read. This is why I said (back in #1) that you should call them out in a thread so there is a searchable record of it. By doing that, it will be useful for future people who search that name.

Add to that nothing wrong with starting a thread asking about people’s experiences with a potential seller.

That would happen in the old days and the testamonials would include the good , the bad, and the ugly.

Although they only update here and there and only put some of the names on there... so it is not a complete list to go by.

Here are two things I follow:

1. If you are a buyer and already have a deal with a seller and they seem to have flaked on delivery, then you post a public thread calling them out here. This does two things, the first being it opens a public form of communication and the second, it creates a searchable record here on the forum. Often calling someone out publicly is enough to shame them and scare them into making good on the deal... as reputation is big here and getting banned is often a deterrent.

And...

2. If you are thinking about buying from a seller and want to double check their reputation first, then come to the RPF and in the top search bar, enter their name. This is often an easy way to see if threads pop up that confirm their quality and delivery of items. And on the flip side, if anyone has had issues with the seller, those threads usually pop up for you to read. This is why I said (back in #1) that you should call them out in a thread so there is a searchable record of it. By doing that, it will be useful for future people who search that name.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back