"Walking Dead" Video Game

Kerr Avon

Master Member
I went ahead and picked it up and tried it. I'm not completely crazy about the interface, but I got three enjoyable hours out of it. And that's it. Three hours? I understand there are four more chapters coming, but will I have to pay for those too? That'd be around $100 total for the game. Anyone more familiar with how these TellTale games folks operate with these games?

I went ahead and picked it up and tried it. I'm not completely crazy about the interface, but I got three enjoyable hours out of it. And that's it. Three hours? I understand there are four more chapters coming, but will I have to pay for those too? That'd be around $100 total for the game. Anyone more familiar with how these TellTale games folks operate with these games?

Game? :eek:
I've heard nothing about this???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Three hours of pure, unadulterated action? Or three hours of *meh*?

I can't justify spending over $30 for games unless it has either over 40 hours of gameplay, or solid multiplayer. I've become much more selective with what I buy.

It was pretty entertaining, I can't argue with that. I've only played it through once with certain decisions, and I suppose going back and trying different decisions might be interesting. But if I have to pay another $80 for the other chapters I'm probably out.

Telltale has always released their games like this, in an episodic fashion. According to their store, the $24.99 covers a Season Pass. A Season Pass for a typical Telltale game consists of all the episodes they designed for the game (for example, Law & Order: Legacies has 7 episodes, and a Season Pass covers all seven of them). In short, I'm saying that the $24.99 you paid was for all five episodes of The Walking Dead, not just one (which means you won't be paying $24.99 for each of the following episodes. One price covers all five, for basically $5 an episode).

Again, this is how I'm reading it as from the information provided at Telltale's site. I honestly haven't played any Telltale games yet, so I am unfamiliar with how they release their games and I cannot say with 100% certainity that what I said above is fully correct. They do, however, have a section of their forums for each game that has a FAQs. Maybe you can ask about it there. But from looking at similar posts (for example, one user paid the $24.99 on Steam and asked if they were getting all the episodes or the one, to which the Moderator stated that they were getting all of the episodes when each one is released because they paid the $24.99), you've pretty much got the whole Season covered.

Yeah, as I understand it, you paid $25 so you paid for the entire full game, and as each episode is released, it's available for download. I think I read you can pay in full for $25 or pay per episode which ends up being something like $30.

It's available in Xbox tomorrow so I think I'm gonna get it.

Okay, $25 for five episodes is a better deal, so if it turns out to be 15 hours that's a decent return on what I spent. Still, I enjoyed it, though I'm generally more interested in action games, but this had a decent blend of some action and moral choices.

That's how it worked with their BTTF episodes. I bought the first episode when it released for 25 bucks, and that's all I payed. Every following episode was made available to me as soon as it released. Definitely a fair price if you ask me.

Just stay away from TellTale's Jurassic Park game. It's TERRIBLE.

Telltale games are cool. I bought the Back to the Future series (starring our very own AJ LoCascio as Marty!!). I paid around $24 for five episodes - not too shabby!

I see on the website that for $45 you get a bundle of nine games - *including* Walking Dead and BTTF!

That reminds me. I still need to download the BTTF game! AND I need to play through Sam & MAx Seasons 1 and 2!

Anyway, what's the interface like? This isn't a point-and-click adventure, is it?

Pretty much point and click. You do use the standard 'asdw' keys to walk around a little, and the mouse to click and pick up items of interest and select dialogue choices. You also use the mouse as a targeting reticle when when you need to attack walkers with a weapon. If you don't hit the head you just wound the body.

Huh. Interesting. I'll probably leave it sit for the time being, but may pick it up later. I have no shortage of games at the moment.

I have Telltale's Back to the future game. I paid for the entire series but the wait inbetween episodes was hell as you just wanted more. I'd wait until they got totally done with the game and get all the chapters at once.

Just stay away from TellTale's Jurassic Park game. It's TERRIBLE.

I actually rather enjoyed it :)

Anyways, I downloaded this on Xbox today, and thought it was pretty cool...Nice to see them incorporate characters from the books in the game..now we wait until next month

So this is a PC game too?

how is the PC version>?

Yes, the game is available on PC as well.

I don't know about how it is, as I myself have not played it yet. I'm contemplating it. Much like my Dad, I am used to doing multi-player, and the only single player games I've played have been first person shooters, such as Portal 2. The last point and click game I can remember playing is Full Throttle (to which I still believe, to this day, should be made into a feature-length movie), and that was shortly after it came out. That says a lot. But I may go for it myself, especially since Telltale has done some good looking games for the properties they have done (at least from what I've seen of review videos).

So this is a PC game too?

how is the PC version>?

I got 2-3 hours of fun out of the first episode. It was point and click, some morality decisions, who do you save, etc. And there was some zombie killing which requires some fast reflexes and aiming with the mouse. At $25 for 5 episodes, that's worth it to me.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back