"Walking Dead" Video Game

I enjoyed the old Monkey Island games they did as part of Lucasarts back in the 90s. 25.00 isn't a bad price really, i've spent way more on worse. I never knew they even had a Walking Dead game.

Just finished playing. I found the story as riveting as the comic. Helps that Kirkman was involved!

I played it on my Mac, and it played flawelessly. Purchased it through STEAM.

Last edited:
Just finished the episode, I really enjoyed it. For me it was less a video game and more an interactive comic book but I enjoyed the puzzles and how the game really made me think. I can't wait for episode 2. Does it have a release date?

Well game had a decent story line, but it was to much like BTTF game for me. Wish there was more actual zombie killing with guns and such like in the beginning of the episode. Oh well maybe episode 2 will be better

I'd love them to do a new Grim Fandango game.

ABSOLUTELY. Grim Fandango is still to this day one of my favorite adventure games. Fantastic story, memorable/lovable characters, hilarious dialogue. I still break it out and play it every now and then, it never gets old, and I still chuckle whenever I hear Manny say, "Run you pigeons! It's Robert Frost!"

If Tim Schafer stuck on as lead designer, I'd love a sequel. Hell, I'd be happy with an HD re-release.

ABSOLUTELY. Grim Fandango is still to this day one of my favorite adventure games. Fantastic story, memorable/lovable characters, hilarious dialogue. I still break it out and play it every now and then, it never gets old, and I still chuckle whenever I hear Manny say, "Run you pigeons! It's Robert Frost!"

If Tim Schafer stuck on as lead designer, I'd love a sequel. Hell, I'd be happy with an HD re-release.

Totally, I mean if they can update Monkey Island, they can updated Grim Fandango.

Is there any word on when episode 2 of walking dead is gonna be released?

Wish there was more actual zombie killing with guns and such like in the beginning of the episode.

So, basically, you want another typical run-and-gun zombie game. You know that the game was designed with this game play so it wouldn't be like the typical run-and-gun zombie game because of the overabundance of availability of those games, right?

I mean, the whole point of this game is that its not about zombie killing, it's about the story and the characters. Kirkman himself has stated this. That's why this game stands out from the others, because it takes what is the typical zombie game, and makes the story like the comic: a story about the characters and dealing with survival.

So, basically, you want another typical run-and-gun zombie game. You know that the game was designed with this game play so it wouldn't be like the typical run-and-gun zombie game because of the overabundance of availability of those games, right?

I mean, the whole point of this game is that its not about zombie killing, it's about the story and the characters. Kirkman himself has stated this. That's why this game stands out from the others, because it takes what is the typical zombie game, and makes the story like the comic: a story about the characters and dealing with survival.

No I do not want another R&G zombie game(LFD,COD Zombies etc). Also do not get me I enjoyed the story. I just wish you had more control to actually aim the weapons you get to kill zombies and such. Or maybe you have the ability to switch to different characters when there is a xombie kill moment.
for example

When you are in the drug store and have to choose to save Carly or Doug, just before you should get control of Carly to shoot the wave of zombies that comes through the windows

Also I wish you had a true ADS(Aim down the sight feature with the guns). All and all though it is a good game with a good story and will for sure play the other episodes!!!

Well game had a decent story line, but it was to much like BTTF game for me. Wish there was more actual zombie killing with guns and such like in the beginning of the episode. Oh well maybe episode 2 will be better

Sadly you won't see anything like that from this company. Their games tend to be more about making you think.

No I do not want another R&G zombie game(LFD,COD Zombies etc). Also do not get me I enjoyed the story. I just wish you had more control to actually aim the weapons you get to kill zombies and such. Or maybe you have the ability to switch to different characters when there is a xombie kill moment.
for example

When you are in the drug store and have to choose to save Carly or Doug, just before you should get control of Carly to shoot the wave of zombies that comes through the windows

Also I wish you had a true ADS(Aim down the sight feature with the guns). All and all though it is a good game with a good story and will for sure play the other episodes!!!

They tried that "switching between characters" thing in the Jurassic Park game. A lot of people didn't like the Jurassic Park game, the switching between characters thing being one of the reasons. Keeping with the one character is easier, as you are seeing the story through one set of eyes instead of eight different sets.

Apparently on Telltales blog, they posted a video for episode 2 and at the end it said "June". The episodes are monthly so if I had to guess, it would be out next week sometime.

They were kinda wishy washy on releasing the BTTF stuff as it was supposed to be monthly I thought but then it kept dragging out more and more.

From what's been stated in Playing Dead, the game isn't already made and they're releasing it a piece at a time. They're making and adjusting the game for each episode on a monthly basis. This means that when the episode is done, they'll release it. They've got a deadline to get it done, so it's a safe bet that it's going to be release on the same day number as last month.

Of course, I could be wrong, I'm going off of what I've read and seen.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back