Waiting for an Atomic City Model?

Richard Baker

Sr Member
I am posting this here so if anybody who has ordered & prepaid for an Atomic City model kit from Scott Alexander has not checked the Atomic City site recently you will know what is going on.
ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO HAS PAID FOR THIS KIT

Long story short- Scott is many years behind in shipping kits already paid for but is managing to sell them on eBay. Things are about to get legal and if you or know someone who is on the waiting list info is being collected for a possible class action lawsuit.

I understand some people have been waiting 17-18 YEARS for a 2001 kit.

They aren’t getting anything.

My clock started in 2006- the big Aries was still in preproduction at that time.
I knew it would be a while, I had his large Pod kits (which is spectacular) and the Aries was a grail for me.

I am now hoping Moebius will release an Aries after their upcoming Space Station Five kit...

I hope you guys get made whole.

I had a problem with Scott a few years ago over an x-wing kit. He kept telling me it would ship tomorrow, over and over again. Several months, and hundreds of excuses later, I received it.

I don’t mind waiting if you tell me that the kit hasn’t been cast yet, and I’m in line. I have a problem with it when told the kit is complete and ready to ship and you play the ‘stall’ game.

Never again will I deal with Scott. Frankly, I’m surprised that so many people have waited so long.

Was waiting for the Aries-1B...after 3 years of waiting, I asked for my money back and accepted his offer to pay me back my $310 in 3 installments...nothing. The last msg I sent was: o.k. forget about the refund; could I have the decal set for the 1/6 EVA Pod instead? Radio silence since 2017:mad:!!! Good luck with that law suit, I'm sure that being in Canada, I'll never see my money.

Was waiting for the Aries-1B...after 3 years of waiting, I asked for my money back and accepted his offer to pay me back my $310 in 3 installments...nothing. The last msg I sent was: o.k. forget about the refund; could I have the decal set for the 1/6 EVA Pod instead? Radio silence since 2017:mad:!!! Good luck with that law suit, I'm sure that being in Canada, I'll never see my money.
I would still follow that link above and send Paul your information- you never can tell how it may turn out.

I
I hope you guys get made whole.

I had a problem with Scott a few years ago over an x-wing kit. He kept telling me it would ship tomorrow, over and over again. Several months, and hundreds of excuses later, I received it.

I don’t mind waiting if you tell me that the kit hasn’t been cast yet, and I’m in line. I have a problem with it when told the kit is complete and ready to ship and you play the ‘stall’ game.

Never again will I deal with Scott. Frankly, I’m surprised that so many people have waited so long.
Think it's been about 15 years ago, I paid Scott for his 2001 Space Odyssey model for my husband for Christmas.....still waiting and he will no longer respond to phone calls or messages. No refunds.My husband was so excited. Not any more.

It's been around 15 years for me, too.

I was one of the 1/6-scale 2001 EVA Pod Underwriters. I paid Scott $2000.00 for a completed pod. For years I wrote to him and at first he responded regularly. Then the responses became fewer and farther in between, but always maintaining that he'd never let anyone down and there was no way that he would fail me. At one point I stopped hoping for the model and requested a refund for the pod and for another model I'd paid for and never received. To his credit, he did refund me for the other model -- a much smaller amount than what he still owes me for the pod.

I pursued the pod refund for years, suggesting that he could send just a few dollars each month, but his trickle of responses finally stopped altogether. I'm aware that he had health and financial problems -- but I also know that he refused offers from other modelers to help him complete his unfulfilled orders.

Rather than accepting help, or admitting that he was defaulting and offering an apology, he simply stopped responding to clients who had sent him their money... even as he continued to sell on eBay.

i had ordered a few kits from him and the aries he told me would come soon as he got some resin to cast i talked to him several times does anyone have an update on him or call me at 905 827 7698

i had ordered a few kits from him and the aries he told me would come soon as he got some resin to cast i talked to him several times does anyone have an update on him or call me at 905 827 7698
How long ago was it that you talked to him? When did he tell you that the Aries would come as soon as he got some resin?

I guess I got lucky.

I found out about the Big Aries kit in late 2014, put in an order in early 2015 and was told it would ship a week or two later.
Seven weeks later, I emailed Scott to see if everything was okay. No reply.
I emailed again in late April and politely asked for a refund. He replied 15 minutes later, apologized for the delay, and said it would ship the next day - it shipped 3 days after that.

For some, it can be easy to forget and neglect obligations after time has passed, and once funds (in exchange for services) have been spent. What is inexcusable however is that these individuals are well aware that, because of how we pay (mostly Paypal), they are unaccountable for anything that happens (or doesn't happen) next, and the buyer has barely any recourse.

What a damn shame. :(

Well I've been waiting nine years for a different kit, with many reminders over the years. But sent an email again because who knows maybe miracles happen. It was painful to see ebay sales and even big web sites showing build ups. And I was an early order.

I don't know the guy but concidering his high reputation up until a decade or so ago i suspect there's mental health issues involved these days especially since his heart attack a few years ago.
That's been a slow decline though so no excuse when things started to fall behind and not accepting the great offers of help and suggestions put forward by his loyal customers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back