Wahoooo, got inside the monster shop for Xmas :)

I got it today too.

party0003.gif

It's a better set of reference pics then I could've hoped for.

party0003.gif

got it when the movie came out, agreed its a good book with great behind the scenes pics, i just wished there was one for the original pred movies with all behind scenes pics of KPH, arnie, stan and lost hunters etc...

got it when the movie came out, agreed its a good book with great behind the scenes pics, i just wished there was one for the original pred movies with all behind scenes pics of KPH, arnie, stan and lost hunters etc...

That would be so awesome....one can dream

If you like that book you need to check out the one from the first AVP. In my opinion it is much better than the second one. Way more info, photos and drawings. It really had a lot of sculpting photos.

If you like that book you need to check out the one from the first AVP. In my opinion it is much better than the second one. Way more info, photos and drawings. It really had a lot of sculpting photos.
Yes, got to agree the first book is a much better reference book but wouldn't throw the second one out of bed though. Happy reading.

Great, now I'm torn.

I'm sitting here going through both books trying to determine if I can form an opinion or not.

The ADI book is a great book. I'm probably biased but its seems heavy in the Alien department. Showing some awesome armatures and puppets. Great concept drawings and behind the scenes pics of the Preds too. I just expected more pred stuff.

The Monster Shop book is great too. More pred related content. It has some great behind the scenes pics too. Some stuff we don't see in the film in the way of skinned Preds. More concept drawing and prop shop stuff.

I'm liking them both though I've yet to read them from cover to cover. They compliment each other by being great refferences. :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back