vulcher spider man home coming

redneckwoking

so i dip in and out all the time but this is my first post
so lets start with a bang im looking to start making the vulcher wings back pack and exo legs

so ideas time

wing span of 7m total
each wing at about 3.5 m
feather to first hinge point 140cm
first hinge to secend hinge 2.10cm this part will fold down on it self using a conster brace system need to test this for the best results

this build is manly foam and light wood but have access to a full work shop now and a hand full engneers to bounce ideas off
and any input welcome will post photos and videos as and when i have some
thanks

That wingspan would be gigantic! Even made out of light materials, there's going to be some issues wearing wings that large. They're going to be too big to fully extend in most indoor locations, and outdoor even a light breeze will catch that massive surface area like a sail. In fact, I think that's roughly the scale used in the early days of flight.

WEB12227-2011_640.jpg

If it was me and there were some spare materials around, I'd try to mock up a full size proof of concept, just to get a feel for how large you can comfortably wear.

That wingspan would be gigantic! Even made out of light materials, there's going to be some issues wearing wings that large. They're going to be too big to fully extend in most indoor locations, and outdoor even a light breeze will catch that massive surface area like a sail. In fact, I think that's roughly the scale used in the early days of flight.

View attachment 1254337

If it was me and there were some spare materials around, I'd try to mock up a full size proof of concept, just to get a feel for how large you can comfortably wear.

yer ive been thinking long and hard about it i think this is going to be huge and i didnt even think about that but if i make the wings smaller then there not going to have the same effet in the over all look i may put this on the back birner for now and have a think about that to do i will carry on with some r and d tho just in case any one else needs any think

You might make your thread easier to find in a search if you change the spelling in the thread title, I'm not being critical just trying to help.
Vulture.

Good luck with the build.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back