Vulcan Harp Build NEW PICS 10.12

Thanks Alan...

Because the original didn't use them. They used a colored string, that from every indication was a colored, thin gauge crochet thread.

... and I suggested what I did because I agree with you on this :lol

The original harp had multi-colored strings, and I'm afraid that it will look so different from what we think it looks like that it might be distracting,

Maybe a 'solid' silver colour will look even worse (?). Could turn out to be way too reflective and also looking quite different from the original.

Much as you hate those kind of decisions, the choice is (unfortunately :lol), ultimately yours of course :)

I'll probably go with the colored strings just because it's original, but man....it looks funny.

:lol It does a little doesn't it :lol

... and I have a feeling it will look worse off-screen so to speak :lol

Why don't you try various methods without fixing on the strings permanently, and then choose which is best based on what they actually look like as seen against the wood ?

Probably ;)

And thanks. It was your build that inspired me to do it. Of course I'm not entirely sure why it inspired me to build four of them, but this way I can put a band together if they don't sell.

:)

Almost there:

171898_10100371032579804_942988794_o.jpg

561547_10100371043612694_1726630765_n.jpg

Alan....I decided I really liked the colored strings. I didn't think I would, but they look perfect. Thanks for all the tips during the build.

Bridge is drying, hopefully I'll have that on today still.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back