VtheDemon's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry- Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter)

vthedemon

Hey guys! Here's my entry!(Last minute, i know) Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter! I hope I am following the rules fine. I am a beginner (and also a new member here, even though I created this account months ago, just didn't posted before)at costume making, I only got into cosplaying last year, but I guess my skills improved a lot since 2012!
Entry.JPG
About my Bellatrix Lestrange costume:

Took me about three and a half month to get it done. I choose her Order of the Phoenix outfit.
- The wig was a simple black wig, i had to add a white streak (as Bellatrix does have one) but it can't be seen on all the photos. It got curled plus got also hours and hours of tangling!
- Wand and dagger are all handmade by me. For thewand I used polymer clay(Fimo) to sculpt the handle and a wooden stick of a paintbrush. And the dagger is made out of paper mache and polymer clay. Painted both with acrylics.
P1260243.JPG
- Dress and corset: It is totally hand-sewn! (No sewing machine were used as I don't have one.) Costume has two skirts, and the top and the skirts are separable. Both from the same, thin fabric. I used a simple black sleeveless female top as the sample.The corset is made out of two layers, the first one is from a black, stronger fabric and the second one (that can be seen) is a leather-look-a-like.
The top and the skirt(that is under the long one I am holding on the photo) both has the swirls pattern on themselves that were drawn by hand aswell, using silver fabric-paint. The second skirt, is a long, tail-like also separable piece, originally it's not a part of the real costume, but i wanted to add something unique to it, so I designed this skirt that is so long, that it can be used as a cape aswell. It's from the same fabric as the top and the second skirt but it is covered with lots of black tulle. (It can be seen on the photo.) Skirts/top also got distressed to get the worn-by-a-long-time and old effect! And there is a hood attached to the back.
The eyelets on the dress (including the gloves) were also added by hand.
- Gloves: They are from a satin fabric, (stronger than the dress fabric)
- Shoes: High heels of course.
- Jewellery: All made out of clay, and painted with acrylics. See the progress photos.

All in all, I guess the most difficult thing was to apply the eyelets by hand (and not to injure myself with the hammer!)

Sorry if my english is not that good! ^^

A few progress/close-up photos:

45.jpg475.jpg2013-09-11 18.33.03.jpg2013-09-11 19.16.16.jpg2013-09-15 17.23.18.jpg2013-09-15 17.39.15.jpg2013-09-16 23.01.32.jpg2013-09-22 18.41.04.jpg2013-10-02 11.36.46.jpgP1130253.JPGP1130473.JPGUntitled 1.jpgP1120080.JPGP1130477.JPG000.jpg

Proof.
proof.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back