Voyager Tricorder Dimensions

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

renaissance_man

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
20211120_125214.jpg

20211120_125319.jpg

Attachments

• 20211120_125140.jpg
    20211120_125140.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Arky

Here's what I've got so far. I don't think it's going to be totally accurate, but I like where it's going.

1.PNG

I was originally just going to make a solid static prop, but I think I'm going to go all out and put electronics in it as well

renaissance_man

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Pretty good for a first attempt.

I would say to really nail this, start a new model on the front plane, draw out the front face of the Tricorder (the one with all the LED "sensors") then simply extrude it back to the desired length.
Screenshot_20211123-065912.jpg

Then on the side plane, trim away the area the easier segments.
20211123_070208.png

It will give you the most accurate model.
It's quicker than trying to make a box and then cut away the curved sides or use fillets to get the shape.
Good luck.

renaissance_man

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just went back and double checked as something looked off.
Not sure why but 1 measurement was wrong, calipers must have slipped or had a blip.
Here is the correct dimension.

Attachments

• 20211123_070751.jpg
    20211123_070751.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 11

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.