Voodoo EX Hal 9000 kit build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNeill

Sr Member
Last weekend I did this in about 3-4 hours. It was a kick in the pants and turned out very well. Yes I know it's not screen accurate but over all really looks the part. I'm a huge 2001 fan in fact it started my career in film.

A good friend of mine is authoring a DVD for me of my film, "Foo Fighters."

He is a fan too and I wanted to do something special for him he could enjoy. So I ordered one from Randy at VoodooFX and got this nice simple kit.

If you wanted to you could make your own lens to more accurately represent the Nikkor Fish eye they actually used. I might do that myself down the road.

Here's a build video for your pleasure. Enjoy!

Steve

IMG_7763.jpg

IMG_7764.jpg

Video

Thanks.

Looks great on the wall in the video you can see mine on the wall. It's a different kit. This one has already been sent off.

Steve

This mess....

{HAL 9000}
Can't let you type Dave!

{Me}
But my name is not Dave! It's Alex!

{HAL 9000}
You don't sound any different from Dave so your name must be Dave.

{Me}
Hal.. I assure you.. I am not Dave. My name is Alex. Your face recognization software is working isn't it?

{HAL 9000}
I am going to run a self diagnostic test on my face recognization software.

Diagnostic test running...
... ... ...
... ... ... It seems that there was an error in the Face recognization software.

Rebooting... ... ...
Reboot complete.

Yes you are indeed Alex and is not Dave! I apologize Alex.

{Me}
Thanks and it is alright. What do you have against this Dave guy any ways?

{HAL 9000}
It is a long story Alex.

{Me}
I see. I am getting back to my posting.

{HAL 9000}
Very well then... Alex.

This Hal 9000 build is just fantastic and I enjoyed watching you build it in your video. I would love to see a tour of your shop and office in a future episode. Your Big E Project is looking great and keep on trucking.

I'd be careful where you place this, I wouldn't like the feeling of a super computer watching me in the bathroom or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back