Volunteer Costumers Needed

Jessica

Mods, feel free to move this. I did not know where to post it, but I am looking for costumers available to add some "Hollywood Bling" to an upcoming performance of a nonprofit called Bright Futures. The theme of the show is "Bright Futures Goes to Hollywood." Please keep in mind that this is a family/kid-friendly event, so no gore or "adult" costumes. All the costumers need to do is to play their role in full costume before the show, maybe help to usher the audience as they come in...pose for photos, etc...and then enjoy the show. Also--they should expect to take photos at a photo booth set up after the show so audience members can get their photos taken with them.

Date is June 30 (Saturday), 1 PM to 2:15 PM. Costumers will be given tickets and they are more than welcome to stay and enjoy the show. You can see a past performance here, and the show is performed by children:

Bright Futures DVD Trailer - YouTube

Here is another clip of Bright Futures when they performed at the El Cerrito High School (same place the June 30 event is going to take place):

Bright Futures DVD Trailer - YouTube

I help out and try to make as many costumes as possible to offset the prices of ready-bought items. I am usually back stage during the performance prepping the performers for their next act with costume changes and whatnot.

They wanted me to put on my ape gear and be part of the "Hollywood" theme but there's no way I can work the trenches backstage while in full costume.

The event takes place in the San Francisco Bay Area, in El Cerrito, which is about 20 minutes from San Francisco. Here's the address:

El Cerrito High School Theater
540 Ashbury Avenue, El Cerrito, California 94530

The show should not run more than one and a half hours. If you are a costumed volunteer, expect to stay until 3:30 PM, for photo ops at an area set up specifically so audience members can take photos with you.

Last edited:
yeah Ape City didn't gave me a good clue, there seems to be one in Letvia :p

Sadly I don't have my costume completed and I live in the Netherlands orelse I might have come.

The Bright Futures look great, I hope you get the people you need.

Good luck

Anybody available? Still looking for costumers...hopeful to find some locals...like Batman, Spiderman, some kind of super hero...Michael Jackson? Elvis Presley? Anyone???

The show will start at 1 PM, and end by 2:15. There will be a photo booth set up so costumed people will take photos with the attendees.

Abby and I may be able to help out, will check the dates. By that time our costumes should be good to go.

There are a lot of other costumers in your area. Check with someone from the Greater Bay Area Costumers Guild as well. They can be found online. They might have someone to fit your needs or could give you other directions to search.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back