volpins portal gun question

Pulling up the image in Photoshop, it's 8.5 inches by 11 inches, at 300 DPI. (That's the size of a normal sheet of printing paper in the U.S.)

I just did some calcs based on the ht of the actress that Chell is modeled after.
Alesia Glidewell is 5' - 4.5" tall.
Using that as a reference the gun body is approx 19.5" long (not including the 3 arms)

meh Indymogul fell down with the new guy...

Fell down, but not to the bottom. The new guy's (Zack's) builds are not bad, but definitely worse than Erik's. (For example the hidden blade was just a repeat from Erik's gun slide wrist thing build)

The flying robot was actually kinda ingenious.

_A

I just did some calcs based on the ht of the actress that Chell is modeled after.
Alesia Glidewell is 5' - 4.5" tall.
Using that as a reference the gun body is approx 19.5" long (not including the 3 arms)

That is pretty close to what I found, too. I got my scale by matching Chell's hand on the viewer model to that of the average female hand. I think I got 20.5" and that scale happened to match up with a lot of manufactured parts so it just made sense to me.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back