Vinyl kit predator 24 inch

philigore1

Hello, I am French and thank you for excusing my English. I present you my work on a Thai vinyl kit predator of 24 inches
My purpose is to make a modéle so close as possible of Cinemaquette but not for the same price...
First Photo of the kit with details
8e38f429b78e71ae04c0950fc77e6363.jpg

Somethings are good and others very bad
The vinyl parts lack of details in particular in weapons or quite a lot of cut and finish is missing

Later of numerous retouch here is the headway of the work.
The face, some dreds, as well as certain mechanical parts were completely redone. The gaudelet with blades was totally recreated with blades which retracts manually.
making05.jpg.png

First coat of paint in the airbrush as well as test of the light in the gaudelet...
making06.jpg.png

And Here we are, the face paints
making08.jpg.png

Here is a photo of the complete kit on its base with its helmet still in Plasticine....
making09.jpg.png

What do you think ???? :eek:

8e38f429b78e71ae04c0950fc77e6363.jpg

making05.jpg.png

making06.jpg.png

making08.jpg.png

making09.jpg.png

In my opinion, it's a very good attempt and a very nice idea. But you can't compare this with the cinemaquette by detail and paintjob. And the CM has a more dynamic pose.
But it still looks great! I could never do something

I think this is a very nice alternative, considering the cinemaquette's price.
Good job on the build!
I think if you darken up some of the shading on his body (much like you did with the head), add the netting, wire across his chest armor, this would be an even more stunning display.

Darn you, now I want one :eek: :thumbsup !

-Ely

I think what you've done so far is pretty good, especially the weathering on the armor, but is it just me or did you forget the leather bits (gloves, loincloth, sandals) and the spots on the legs?

Thanks to you. it has no same pose as the cinemaquette, it is true but I corrected it because it was even stiffer. I do not want to redo the same that the cinémaquette because mine is smaller but a good compromise for only 50 dollars... On the last photo, the paint is not finished yet... There is still of the job because I am making dirty the armor...

Last pic does look a bit unfinished but you've said that was the case. Doesn't look to need much more work and it's obvious you know how to complete it.
Look forward to seeing him once the legs are darkened up and armour weathered. Nice work.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back