Vintage Transistor Graveyard!

Panaflex

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I've been looking all over for vintage Motorolla transistors for my OB1 saber and today I hit the jackpot.
Literally a wall of them. It's a crazy place that deals in government contractor close outs and they get everything in here, tear out the boards, transistors etc.
I also found a ton of vintage hardware like bolts, nuts and assorted greeblies from God knows what all.

Sorry for the sideways photo. Iphone issue...
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
Daaaaaaaaamn! Excellent find, Panaflex. Did you find any of the lower profiled ones?

Thanks!
So far no LP ones but it could take a lifetime to sift through what they have. I rummaged for 20 minutes. I think the staff thought I was nuts.
I did get a set of MA205s and they are tall but I'm thinking I'll grind them down for my build (thread soon).

:) freaking incredible! Let us know if you find any early amplifiers in there. I'm still of the belief normal height transistors would have stuck out too much, we'd have noticed.

:) freaking incredible! Let us know if you find any early amplifiers in there. I'm still of the belief normal height transistors would have stuck out too much, we'd have noticed.

Will do. I'm planning on hitting this place up when I have plenty of time. I'll post my findings on this thread.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back