Vintage Speedgun Flash Disassembly Help? (Pics)

Scott D

Sr Member
Picked up this Speedgun in an Ebay lot of flashes, reflectors, etc. and I'm stumped on getting the remaing parts that are still attached off of this thing.

DSC03585_zpsw5g1muop.jpg

I've removed the screws in the circled areas and nothing wants to budge. Am I missing something?

Thanks for looking.

DSC03586_zpsndulqiaq.jpg

DSC03587_zpssw6mx64s.jpg

DSC03585_zpsw5g1muop.jpg

DSC03586_zpsndulqiaq.jpg

DSC03587_zpssw6mx64s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered the remote possibilty those parts need to stay on the renewed 'future' of that vintage flashgun as a lightsaber prop . . . instead of removing and tossing them in an all vintage screws and parts bin? Try thinking like a true props maker in a rush to get that lightsaber on set a.s.a.p. and wrap your brains around those parts by slamming on some T-tracks as grips, a proper clamp thingy with bubbles or so and some emitter parts to finish it ... pronto :wacko

Chaim

Have you considered the remote possibilty those parts need to stay on the renewed 'future' of that vintage flashgun as a lightsaber prop . . . instead of removing and tossing them in an all vintage screws and parts bin? Try thinking like a true props maker in a rush to get that lightsaber on set a.s.a.p. and wrap your brains around those parts by slamming on some T-tracks as grips, a proper clamp thingy with bubbles or so and some emitter parts to finish it ... pronto :wacko

Chaim

They are staying on the flash. They had to come off in order to wet-sand the old dull aluminum finish away.

I figured it out. The push-button that is held in place with a set screw is pressed on, as well. :facepalm

After the push-button was pulled off, I saw the brass part that screws downinto the bulb holder inside. I didn't have the proper spanner tool for this, but sticking the sharp end of a file down into the hole, and turning it loose while pushing down on the file got it out. Same thing worked for the part with the 4 pin sockets on the bottom, which I had already removed.

Who said I was in a hurry?

is that little detail on the bottom similar to the detail on a Graflex?

good work! I've been told that those midband are sometimes heated to slide onto the flash and then cooled.

is that little detail on the bottom similar to the detail on a Graflex?

good work! I've been told that those midband are sometimes heated to slide onto the flash and then cooled.

It looks like the switch that is used to activate the glass eye on a Graflex, but all it does is lock the endcap in place. :cool

The clamp on this one slid right off.

These Speedgun flashes are a little shorter than a Peak, Heiland, etc. but they can still be made into a decent custom with some shorter grips.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back