Vintage Kenner Star Wars Figures -- New Book by Read Five Designs, Kickstarter

dcarty

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone!

Not sure if this is the best place to post this thread but since I've seen the Haslab Kickstarter discussed here I figured it was good a place as any. Didn't know if this would be of interest to anyone here but I'd like to help spread the word. Mods, please feel free to move or delete the thread. Anywayyyyyy...

There is a Kickstarter campaign that just started to publish a new guide to vintage Kenner Star Wars figures (not that there aren't a ton of them already). It is under works from Read Five Designs in the UK.

I don't know if any of you have the old John Kellerman book "Star Wars Vintage Action Figures: A Guide for Collectors". It's been the gold standard reference guide for almost 20 years now. There have been rumors of an updated edition but after all this time it seems doubtful that will happen. In my opinion this new book is going to be the update that the Kellerman book needs -- and then some.

I am not affiliated with Read Five Designs but I have backed the campaign and think this will be an "Ultimate" book on the subject and am really excited to see it succeed.

Here is the link to their Kickstarter page:

Read Five Designs Star Wars Toy Guide Vol 1

Cheers,

Dave C

I also contributed to this campaign... even woke up in the middle of the night in CA to get the Jedi Consular - Special Edition and am quite surprised momentum has basically stopped. It's only had 13 contributors since Thursday.

Unfortunately, I don't see it meeting their goal.

This looks enticing! I wonder how it differs from this book I already have though. I do love this book very much already..
10DD1037-6469-499A-A7D0-82F4ACEBF2E9.jpeg

Haven’t we already said all there is to say about vintage Star Wars toys? What could there possibly be left to say that we don’t already know? There is nothing left to add. Hell, at this point, I can write my own book!
Yeah, it’s a pass for me.

If you're going to do a book about vintage Kenner Star Wars action figures, at least use the racetrack style logo on the cover to get people's attention.
I agree, I wonder what else can be written about them? Pass.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back