Vintage agencies credential

Discussion in 'Free Replica Paper Props' started by repy, Jan 28, 2012.

1. repy

repy Active Member

Hello, i'd like to make my own prop of vintage FBI id just like the one of James Stewart in "the FBI story" but i can't find a decent vintage logo as seen in the pic.
    Any help on design or valid link to the head logo or complete ID is welcome.
    My next props would be on a vintage (30s 40s) CIA and private investigator credential so logo is welcome too just as Any ID from this time area .
    Many thanks

2. The Director

The Director New Member

If you are refering to the bureau logo at the top of the cred, do a search for the thread "Old British Warrant Cards", its about half way down page 1 i believe. Good luck on your prop. Some how the british warrand card thread diverged into the old FBI creds to.

3. repy

repy Active Member

Waow, many thanks "the Director" : i don't know how i missed that.:facepalm
    Anyway, i really appreciate your help.
    Best regards

4. The Director

The Director New Member

How's your FBI cred coming along?

5. repy

repy Active Member

Hello,
    i had over job to face on and not much time to make my props.... I'd like to vectorize the FBI logo but i'm a beginner on Photoshop and Illustrator so...
    I found a very nice USSS vintage ID to work on : more ideas than time:lol
    Best

6. Cmdr.Kerner

Cmdr.Kerner Sr Member

This is what I can offer.

Dietrich

7. repy

repy Active Member

Hello Dietrich,
    many thanks for this!!!
    I really appreciate all the "gifts" you make to this community and i wish i could be as talented as you are to contribute.
    All my best and respect.

8. Cmdr.Kerner

Cmdr.Kerner Sr Member

No problem repy, thanks for the kind words.

Dietrich

9. apexshirts

apexshirts Member

Hello Cmdr.Kerner,
    I have seen many of your contributions and I just want to say I think this one is quite nice. Swell even. Thank you for all you give to this community.

10. The Director

The Director New Member

Repy, maybe you could show us an image of the old USSS cred your going to try and work on?

11. Cmdr.Kerner

Cmdr.Kerner Sr Member

Hi apexshirts,

thanks a lot for the kind words.

Dietrich

12. repy

repy Active Member

I'm not certain that i'm allowed to post my file here (good resolution) due to forum's chart even if my USSS cred is from the 1940's (i don't know how actual look like so....) but here is a sample.

13. breen2057

breen2057 Sr Member

that looks the business. very nice work.

14. nightowl12020

nightowl12020 Member

Just remember, the CIA didn't exist until after World War Two. I don't recall what year just offhand, but well after 1945. It was created out of the wartime OSS(Office Of Strategic Services).

15. indianeagle

indianeagle Member

the only cia id / credential i have seen would be for director allen dulles credentials from the 1960. i think the cia still has a photo of it on there web site under the museum section.

16. indianeagle

indianeagle Member

curent secret service credentials differ from the 1940 issue. i like the 1940 issue. the credentials have changed over the years and especially now that there apart of homeland security .

17. highorder1

highorder1 New Member

The current USSS creds don't look like that at all. I really enjoy the older credentials, the BEP really made them works of art.

18. whitehammer

whitehammer Well-Known Member

I think that its fairly safe to post obviously obsolete ones, just as they allow the selling of old polices badges ect on fleabay.