VinMan's AVP

VinMan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Finally have enough stuff to start a WIP.
Thanks to all those who have offered assistance and comments.

Any input is welcome and helpful.

The first project was the Lift Feet started over a year ago
made from Great Stuff Foam and an old pair of boots from the Goodwill
I have the Dusters cut out and I need to add the platform made from thick foam shop mats.
Should add about 6 inches in height
index-5.jpg

index-6.jpg

index-7.jpg

I have been working pretty steadiliy creating armor pieces from Sintra
here are the pieces I have to date
Tail Flap
Cod Piece
Shoulder bells
Upper Arm
Belt Buckle
Thighs
Chest
Sternum Plate
Knee caps for Shins

index.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/vinm...tor/index-1.jpg
shingaurds.jpg

Here are my choices for a bio

Here is a traditional P1
IMG_6101_1.jpg

Or I could go with a custom I sculpted
IMG_6423.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/vinm...or/IMG_6308.jpg

I have a couple of choices for a Mask
the first of which is a very nice elder
PredMaskelder.jpg

Here is a scratch built Canon I made from household items foam sintra etc.

I have one of two gauntlets assembled from Sintra
the bottoms are completed also but I still have to make the bomb gauntlet to make and
I need to paint them

I picked up a Ruffkin Skin a while ago.
It needs a better paint job and it needs to be downsized a little.
I have it on a duct tape dummy I made of myself
but I put it on over a Mr. Incredible Suit which gave it some bulk in the right places

Still need a set of good dreds
Will trade for a set or used set if anyone needs anything I could possibly offer them.
Perhaps some scratch made armor or a bio or mask I am not using.

Working on a whole assortment of dred rings.

• Still need a neck ring
• Hands were promised in trade over 10 months ago by Monstermaker and never delivered so I guess I will have to find another source.
• Have the netting. just need to glue it in place
• I have a couple of human skull replicas I am going to put on some spears for the back
• the Front and back straps are coming thanks to the pay it forward generosity of MothMonty-Greg
• Need to finish the Shins. I have all the pieces cut for them

Bunch of finishing touches, fitting fine tuning, etc.

Thanks for taking you time to check it out. Let me know your thoughts

VinMan

index.jpg

index_1.jpg

IMG_6413.JPG

belt_buckle.jpg

IMG_6419.JPG

IMG_6101_1.JPG

IMG_6423.JPG

IMG_6308.JPG

Pred_Mask_elder.jpg

index_2.jpg

index_3.jpg

Gaunt_top_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good!

Great work on the feet!
How did you do such a nice sculpt with Great Stuff?
I'd like to see a tutorial on that, since I've not had too much success with that stuff - for sculptring anyway.
Did you work it at all before it cured?

Looking good!

Great work on the feet!
How did you do such a nice sculpt with Great Stuff?
I'd like to see a tutorial on that, since I've not had too much success with that stuff - for sculptring anyway.
Did you work it at all before it cured?

I just sprayed a bunch in a shape I thought would work and then AFTER it cured I carved it with a serrated knife
It is the type that stays flexible then I coated the whole of it in latex

vin man your doing some nice work there... as for your bio choice .. i'd go with your custom one and then the elder mask.... keep it up mate looking forward to this

I just sprayed a bunch in a shape I thought would work and then AFTER it cured I carved it with a serrated knife
It is the type that stays flexible then I coated the whole of it in latex

Vinman,

Have you actually put them on and walked in them? I'm curious as to whether the great stuff stays flexible enough to withstand the flexing of the foot and boot while walking. Let me know. Thanx.

Real great start on your gear! :)

Vinman,

Have you actually put them on and walked in them? I'm curious as to whether the great stuff stays flexible enough to withstand the flexing of the foot and boot while walking. Let me know. Thanx.

Real great start on your gear! :)

Yeah,

I have actually walked in them quite a bit for fitting and such. The foam is firm enough that it holds it's shape real well but if you jamb it into something it will take the hit and spring back to it's original form.
I have it coated with a pretty decent amount of latex as well.

I have just finished fitting them with toe dusters. Ill post some photos later as well as the finished blade gauntlets.

Thanks for your support and interest.

Top work man and I realise the patience it takes to work with the foamies. One question, what are you using to get fine detail carved such as the seams on the sides of the knees? I tried using a soldering iron last year which worked quite well but left thick cuts every time.

Top work man and I realise the patience it takes to work with the foamies. One question, what are you using to get fine detail carved such as the seams on the sides of the knees? I tried using a soldering iron last year which worked quite well but left thick cuts every time.

Hey M8

I used a Dremel fitted with a cut off wheel. there were no sharp curves involved on the knees so I just used a thick cut off wheel and was very careful and patient. it did a very good job of it.

Hey M8

I used a Dremel fitted with a cut off wheel. there were no sharp curves involved on the knees so I just used a thick cut off wheel and was very careful and patient. it did a very good job of it.

Tried the same on the gaunt top but don't have the patience, ended up over hitting the corneres every time. Just bought the smallest engraving tool I could and it will have to do.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back