Vince's 1:1 Lifesize ESB DARTH VADER

Vince

I finally get to show off my completed Life-Size Darth Vader!

He is modeled after Vader's appearance in The Empire Strikes Back and features poseable arms, wrists, and hands. He stands at 6'9" tall fully dressed and is displayed on a custom modified 6'6" tall mannequin.

This is the crown-jewel of my collection and has taken a looong time to finish (I started way back when with a rubies supreme and a cheap eBay manny).

Here's a quick run-down of the parts used:

-Helmet - JB ESB
-Armour - Also apparently JB, but I've been told it could be a GH recast
-Shins - Portumac
-Body suit - Custom Props
-Surcoat - Custom Props
-Cape - Custom Props
-Gloves - Custom Props
-Cod piece - Artisan Props
-Belt - Artisan Props
-Chest Straps - KevVader
-Chest Panel - AceReplicas
-Belt Boxes - AceReplicas
-Buckle - AceReplicas
-Boots - Florsheim Imperial Boots

Vader1_zps7fjdspdm.jpg

Vader2_zpsityti6uf.jpg

Vader3_zpsvgcmcipb.jpg

Vader4_zpswwdf5b2y.jpg

And below I've included some pics of the mannequin I had modified to better meet the proportions of David Prowse. The white mannequins standing to the left and right in the first shot are 6 feet tall, giving you a good idea of how huge this guy really is.

DSC00250_zpscxrz1vdp.jpg

DSC00251_zpslfhet881.jpg

Please feel free to leave feedback! As most of you Vader-makers out there know by now....this project is never-ending and I already have plans for improvements haha.

-Vince

I'm always hacking mine up at the elbow joints. May I ask how much a mannequin like that runs? PM me if you'd like. And can I ask about the lightsaber maker? I'm in the middle of a Vader build myself and if I could get it even close to yours I'd be thrilled!

That looks spectacular. Great work putting it all together. I think you're going to get a lot of questions about that mannequin!

Also interested in this mannequin...at least the posable arms. Are they available seperated also? Have never seen such arms. Great lookin Vader.

Looks great, a very natural pose. The pose MAKES any 1:1 piece in my opinion. The best costume can be ruined by a crappy mannequin.

I love the look of the arms kind of hanging there and also like the one foot slightly forward. It all really works!

I've bought from Ruben's before. Can you share a little more with us on the process of getting that customized manny from him? I'm sure if we contact him he could make any one interested one as well?

thanks!

I'm always hacking mine up at the elbow joints. May I ask how much a mannequin like that runs? PM me if you'd like. And can I ask about the lightsaber maker? I'm in the middle of a Vader build myself and if I could get it even close to yours I'd be thrilled!

Hey Warren, I PM'd you regarding the manni price. As for the lightsaber, it's a gutted Force FX ESB.

Absolutely stunning ... so how do you regard the quality of all materials used by Custom Props? . . . And what do you mean by future improvements?

Chaim

A friend contacted the seller regarding the manni....dont want to post a price here cause its not my thread but i can tell you......NOT CHEAP!!!

A friend contacted the seller regarding the manni....dont want to post a price here cause its not my thread but i can tell you......NOT CHEAP!!!

Haha, yes the mannequin itself was not a cheap purchase to say the least. Regarding the boots, they are Florsheim "imperial" boots size 13 and actually only come above the ankle. I want to eventually upgrade to an accurate knee-high riding boot but I need to figure a way to fit the mannequin's support rod.

Absolutely stunning ... so how do you regard the quality of all materials used by Custom Props? . . . And what do you mean by future improvements?

Chaim

Thanks a lot Sym! I can say that the 3-piece leather body suit is quite nice and achieves the desired effect. The gloves I am not happy with as I found that some of the fingers don't align properly :unsure. The cape and surcoat are....ok. As far as future improvements, I'd like to update to some Magnoli gloves and a KevVader cape-set.

Looks great, a very natural pose. The pose MAKES any 1:1 piece in my opinion. The best costume can be ruined by a crappy mannequin.

I love the look of the arms kind of hanging there and also like the one foot slightly forward. It all really works!

I've bought from Ruben's before. Can you share a little more with us on the process of getting that customized manny from him? I'm sure if we contact him he could make any one interested one as well?

thanks!

Thanks a lot for the kind words, it really means a lot. I was trying to emulate the pose from an ESB promo shot and I looked heavily to some of the better Vaders on the board for reference (BrentM, Gino etc.)

I initially contacted Ruben about creating a complete custom mannequin using David Prowse's ESB measurements. The price of something like that was a little too rich for my blood (haha) so we worked on an alternative and he suggested modifying an existing mannequin. I showed him some pics of the look I was going for (the promo shots and work from other board members) and he found a 6'3" tall mannequin that matched the look I was going for. He extended the height of the manni and added articulated arms and hands.

I think this is the base mannequin he used....

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/shangshu-manufacturer-realistic-fat-male-big_1889516772.html

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back