Viking Shield

One more
20240211_151009~2.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
20240210_151147~2.jpg
Photoroom-20240210_153957.png

Well actually the one I'm trying to replicate is Legertha's. My daughter wants to do a cosplay of Ragnar's wife. So I was going to try to build her the shield. I was trying to figure out why watching Vikings what that rim was made of it looked like it was kind of a wrought iron but I couldn't be sure. I hear better than I see. Lol
I made this one completely with foam (apart from the boss and bolsters, which are metal), and the rivets round the edge are painted googlie eyes.

Attachments

• 326307614_1068804020654355_6044547553508534060_n.jpg
    326307614_1068804020654355_6044547553508534060_n.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 20
That looks awesome! I know the problem with the ones I'm building is they can actually withstand and attack. These last two that I have built are much lighter than the first one.View attachment 1791688
Yeah...I made my first one from wood, steel and leather and it can take hits easily but weighs a ton.

Ive made several of these foam ones for carrying in formation at our viking market events.

The core is 1/4" panel board (like peg board, but no holes) and i covered the backside with 2mm foam, and the front "planks" are cut from anti fatigue floor mats, distressed with a wood rasp and struck several times with my axe and sword for realism.

Yeah...I made my first one from wood, steel and leather and it can take hits easily but weighs a ton.

Ive made several of these foam ones for carrying in formation at our viking market events.

The core is 1/4" panel board (like peg board, but no holes) and i covered the backside with 2mm foam, and the front "planks" are cut from anti fatigue floor mats, distressed with a wood rasp and struck several times with my axe and sword for realism.
Very nice I really like that idea. The first one I built was the Scottish one. And that thing weighs a ton. The other ones are much more manageable but could still be heavy carrying it around an event after a while

Very nice I really like that idea. The first one I built was the Scottish one. And that thing weighs a ton. The other ones are much more manageable but could still be heavy carrying it around an event after a while
You might give it a try! Its much easier on the arms if youre not doing full combat.

I have used these for combat training, albeit with foam weapons.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back