VIDEO: That 70s Show, the British version

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by blewis17, Sep 2, 2015.

1. blewis17

blewis17 Sr Member

[video]http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/15-vintage-facts-about-that-70s-show/ar-BBmc8sA#page=7[/video]

I never knew this existed.

robn1 likes this.
  2. NeoRutty

NeoRutty Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just now watching the series (American) from the beginning on Netflix... Never really saw while it was on its initial run...

The biggest surprise?

Ashton Kutcher is GREAT as Kelso. I've never liked the guy in movies... but now I can see why he got popular in the first place.

harrisonp likes this.
  3. astroboy

astroboy Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The whole cast was fantastic.

4. AJTaliesen

AJTaliesen Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Be prepared, in the US version, later seasons Jump the shark quite a bit. This is one of those shows that should've died long before it did

5. NeoRutty

I remember seeing later shows where Jackie and Hyde are a thing.... which is interesting because in the first season the writers are clearly building that Kelso and Jackie are just two idiots who are sweetly perfect for each other...

I guess that got boring as 8 seasons pass...

6. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

and they did their Star Wars show in, what, the second season? So they spent at least three years pretending it was still the 70s when chronologically it wasn't. ;)
    (see M*A*S*H....)

7. NeoRutty

yeah it was the 20th ep of the first season...

But you could argue that a season of That 70's show doesn't necessarily mean a year of real time... But I'm only on season 2... so no idea.

8. Lear60man

Lear60man Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Way back in time, I flew a bunch of kids to Vegas for the weekend. Being a kid myself (27) I had to ask how the hell a bunch of kids could afford a private jet. So I asked. They said they were the cast of a new show called 'That 70's show'. I had never seen it, but filed it in my mental file. Up side.......We checked into the MGM Grand. The guy I was flying with was really smooth with the ladies. The front desk girl gave us what I can only describe as one of the top 3 hotel rooms I have ever been in. Two floors, outside hot tub, TV that came out of the floor (remember it was 1997). Lord was that a ballin room. We tried everything to get girls to come up to our rooms........nothing.

NeoRutty and Chaank like this.