Video Link To 5/8" Backer Rod Fluidity On Modified Rubies

TitanPredator

someone asked on a forum I cannot seem to find anymore how the fluidity of the backer rod is after cut & used for dreads. I am working on my first suit build by modifying a Rubies Deluxe and have used 5/8" backer rod cut in 24" length, I used 1/2" hot water pvc couplings painted in copper hammered finish and they seem to have given the dreads the perfect amount of weight, I hope whoever was asking for this fnds this video & helps answer their question as well as any noobs working on their project too, thank you guys & gals. :)
The video is down below, comments welcome.

Wanted to thank you for posting this! Very inspirational as I was unsure what size rods to use. Decided on the 5/8 based on your video. What type of paint did you use on the pvc? I am concerned about chipping so wanted to get your thoughts on that.

It should perhaps be noted that in the real world the dreads will not swing like that----the cannon and backpack will get in the way.

:(

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back