Video from my appearance at the MarsCon 2011 Masquerade

Elkman

Sr Member
I spent the weekend at MarsCon 2011, a local science fiction convention in Bloomington, MN. It's a smaller convention, with somewhere around 400-500 attendees, so it's quite a bit smaller than CONvergence. MarsCon has a good costuming program track, though, run by Rae Lundquist, a master costumer here in the Twin Cities.

I suited up as the Predator and appeared in their masquerade on Saturday evening. I decided to show it off in the exhibition category, instead of entering it in the competition, since I had already won Best In Show at a local convention with the same suit. Here's a video taken by my friend Todd. I think he took it with his iPhone, but it's nice clear HD video. I'm also showing off my new halberd/flechette launcher pole weapon here. The ballroom wasn't all that big and it didn't have an exceptionally high ceiling, so I had to be careful while switching from the halberd end to the pointy end, or else I would have turned the light fixture into a trophy.

And, speaking of trophies, these attractive ladies wanted a photo with me, so I obliged:
5505403634_5d762ba5f0_z.jpg
MarsCon-071 by Elkman, on Flickr

Even my black dragon helm on Friday evening got me some lovin':
5505394478_5a35ec847d_z.jpg
MarsCon-024 by Elkman, on Flickr

Elkman,

Lookin' good as usual. You're still my hero! As for the ladies - did you happen to get their phone numbers by chance? Just kidding.

Take care,

jv

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back